Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2005 PT Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Mar 2012, 07:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2005 PT Issues

The list just seams to be getting more expensive every fix...
  • July 2010, Coolant System replaced from Deer's impact that happened in July of 2005 doing 65 mph across open range country when 2 Deer crossed my path... first one made it, but the second one was hot on it's tail and totally nailed the front of my Cruiser square middle of grill and dead center of rib cage. No other damage other than grill pushing into radiator that pushed the fan into the next thing, which then pushed the next thing in... Deer thankfully flat spun off to the left side of car not touch any other part of car. I had to limp the car 40 miles at 3AM to a gas station doing 40 mph and heater blasting.. because I had no cell coverage and I wasn't about to sit on a road that's probably hardly ever traveled.
    • New Radiator, New Water Pump, New belt, New Fan, New Head Gasket, New Thermostat and a bunch of other new stuff...
  • December 2010, Transmission crumbled inside... I was the 30th person in line to receive a new transmission that took 3 months to get... the funny/sad thing about this part was, the transmission dropped 1 day b4 my warranty ran up.. so I was able to get it to the shop and checked b4 and only had to pay nothing
    • Chrysler Corp Customer Service deserves a 2 out of 10 for customer satisfaction no doubt... however the service department where the car sat for 3 months'ish deserves no points for customer satisfaction.
  • February 2012, Replaced front struts and rear shocks and brakes - easy... then 30 miles later...
  • February 2012, Now it's overheating at 81K miles... only takes it a mile to overheat. Replaced the thermostat correctly, didn't fix it. Some of the signs point to a cracked head gasket.. however I haven't driven it but maybe 55 miles since the overheating started... (had to do 50 to get home but heater full blast for a few miles then everything was ok for a few days.)
    • No water in oil
    • No smoking
    • Using more anti-freeze than it's dripping
I'm hoping to take it in tomorrow to see what's really wrong with her... I miss driving her, she was a good little PT.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 10:13 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 PT Issues

Deer- Me no like-ee

Dunno what could be happening on 2d overheat go-around- perhaps engine was damaged more than they suspected on first go- around.

Now if it were a Pinto Wagon and you didn't care, or even kinda wanted it to blow so it'd give you a car shopping excuse ...

It'd never die!

Tags
2.4l, 2005 pt cruiser, overheating