PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Looking to aquire a VERT! Is this a good deal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Mar 2012, 05:03 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Dill
Default Looking to aquire a VERT! Is this a good deal?

Heres the CL listing

2005 Crysler PT Cruiser Convertible (126K)miles

And heres whats wrong with it.

Shifter bushings need replaced, at 126k timing belt may or may not be done, obvious that drivers side door has been painted because they clear coated over the letters pt cruiser, does not have any of the remote fobs, some scratches, passengers side airbag cover has been painted, when tapping the brakes the brake pedal bounces, when letting off the gas the car pulls to the left, airbox still has silencer on it (tells me the prev owner wasnt a pt fan)

The good news? I talked the man down to 5000. After taxes and such a total of 5500. In return he will do the timing belt etc.., take it to the dealer and program a remote for it, they will shave the rotors or do whatever to fix the brake shaking, and fix the car from pulling to the left.

So for 5500 total is this a good deal? The guy said hes ready to get rid of it as aparently no one wants a manual convertible unless its a turbo (id love one but gas mileage is a concern)

If uve got any questions about it you can ask me... Or call the place! Thatd be funny, just be sure youre calling from the fan site the guy who looked at its from.. If they got swamped with calls maybe id get it for $100 above what they paid haha

If You Have Not Already, Add Yourself To The PT Cruiser Members Map!

To Learn More About My PT Cruiser And Its Mods Visit My PT's Blog At www.PickledPt.blogspot.com
Old 19 Mar 2012, 05:23 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Looking to aquire a VERT! Is this a good deal?

Well I love the color and I think everyone needs a convertible. But I have seen GT stick with the same miles for that $6000. How's the tires? How's the interior? You know PT's. Convertible are so fun Turbo, you would love it.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 06:04 pm
Senior Cruiser

The tires are brand new.

Im sure im not getting a drop dead amazing deal, but im looking to get a good deal. This seems like it i think?

To Learn More About My PT Cruiser And Its Mods Visit My PT's Blog At www.PickledPt.blogspot.com
Old 19 Mar 2012, 06:27 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Sister-in-law paid over $8000. in Md. 06, base, fair, 118000, burn holes in seat. So from that it's a good deal. I know when I was looking everyone dropped their prices last week of March first week of April. The two I was looking at went from $12000. to $10000. and $9000. Wish you luck.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 07:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dill View Post
Heres the CL listing

2005 Crysler PT Cruiser Convertible (126K)miles

And heres whats wrong with it.

Shifter bushings need replaced, at 126k timing belt may or may not be done, obvious that drivers side door has been painted because they clear coated over the letters pt cruiser, does not have any of the remote fobs, some scratches, passengers side airbag cover has been painted, when tapping the brakes the brake pedal bounces, when letting off the gas the car pulls to the left, airbox still has silencer on it (tells me the prev owner wasnt a pt fan)

The good news? I talked the man down to 5000. After taxes and such a total of 5500. In return he will do the timing belt etc.., take it to the dealer and program a remote for it, they will shave the rotors or do whatever to fix the brake shaking, and fix the car from pulling to the left.

So for 5500 total is this a good deal? The guy said hes ready to get rid of it as aparently no one wants a manual convertible unless its a turbo (id love one but gas mileage is a concern)

If uve got any questions about it you can ask me... Or call the place! Thatd be funny, just be sure youre calling from the fan site the guy who looked at its from.. If they got swamped with calls maybe id get it for $100 above what they paid haha
Dill without any more info than you gave here far as equipment and all the variables you stated, I would have to say it's to much money. Check kbb you will see for yourself. Exec retail is $6293 Privet party exec is $4718. The car has had some damage and it shows. The painted air bag suggest a pretty decent hit. If it's fixed right OK if not could be a head ache. $4000 before tax is a big price. IMHO
Old 19 Mar 2012, 07:58 pm
Senior Cruiser

Ur only in WV, find me a pt Vert (gtd be nice, or a 06+) worth 5k and ill drive up and buy it lol

Old 19 Mar 2012, 08:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dill View Post
Ur only in WV, find me a pt Vert (gtd be nice, or a 06+) worth 5k and ill drive up and buy it lol
If you check some of my earlier post on car values. Most here think I appraise value on these to high. Dill I have wo turbos both wrecked, would both be considered total loss under insurance. Nether deployed the air bags. This car has a painted to match air bag. Put it on a lift and look closely. Run a car fax, even though not all things show up. Use that info to beat them down or whatever else you may decide. Be careful Its still In the Retail price range. If he wants rid of it tell he needs to cut it some more.
By the way I'll over look the WV comment. They are buying our whosale cars and draging them to NC every week.

Last edited by Busted_PT; 19 Mar 2012 at 08:36 pm.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 08:47 pm
Senior Cruiser

Haha, too bad I have no local dealer buddies who could get me into a good auto auction. Maybe Ill just walk on this one. Since the other car died we only have one running car my fiancee wants a vert and shes not patient. Otherwise I would wait till fall to be looking to buy a vert. Prices are high now thanks to nice weather and tax checks

Old 19 Mar 2012, 09:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I thought the list price was about a grand too much, but at $5k, that's right in the ballpark where I'd be swinging my bat.

Listen, I may have a lead for you on wholesale purchase, the only problem is you never know when a PT will show up. Same PT at wholesale is going to bid out around $4k, so it's still not a bad price. I can ask my friend, who has a dealer's license, to take a look and see if any are listed. Not sure how close one will be though.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 09:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Oh, also, they're BS'ing on the fuel mileage....lol...