PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help this person out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Mar 2012, 04:49 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to Pipeous
Default Help this person out

Barefoot_01 posted this in my saga thread so to keep it from being lost in my drama...

Hey All!!
Im new here as well!! I hope it is alright to post here! I purchased my first PT, exactly one month ago today!! The lot I bought it from stated it had been rebuilt from the block up. And had $800 worth of other new parts under the hood. well about 2weeks into driving it, it starts to over heat and doing all sorts of horrible. Well currently my husband and I have rebuilt it, again. Come to find out it had a blown head gasket. Supposedly it had been machined by Meer's in Campbellsville,KY. However upon closer inspection, my husband and I found that about 75% of the bolts were not torqued. Also minor things such as a cam bolt in the motor mount, where a motor mount bolt should have been.
Now we are to the point where we have the motor pretty much together, and there is no compression on cylinder 1!!! Someone please HELP!!
Old 22 Mar 2012, 05:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Help this person out

How much is no compression? Is the head seated over the guides properly? Check and see if a valve is stuck open.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 11:54 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Help this person out

If the bolts that tighten the head to the block are loose, and you drove the car, you should replace the head gasket. If I'm not wrong, the HG vulcanize under the pressure of the bolts.
Maybe that's why you don't have a good compression in the cylinder 1. Also, you should check if you don't have coolant in the oil and vice versa. I hope not, but is likely)

Good luck!