Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
disconnected battery and p0888 code 02 pt cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Mar 2012, 01:37 am
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy disconnected battery and p0888 code 02 pt cruiser

Hi, I've got a 2.4 ltr 02 pt cruiser that threw the timing belt. The car sat for over a month before I had it repaired. In that time the battery went dead as can be. The timing belt was put on and luckily no bent valves. The mechanic tore up the ivc module when he raised the engine and had to replace that. Got in the car and drove it down the road and it immediately went into limp mode and the check engine light came on. Ran a code scanner and it said battery disconnected p0888 tcm power relay sensor circuit and p0700 transmission control system (mil request). The mechanic said it needed to go through a relearning ( I'm guessing reflashed). He wasn't really sure about it until after he had spoken with someone else. Does this seem to make sense? Or is it possible when he was moving the engine around while replacing timing components and water pump that somehow he damaged the wires to it? I know that the plastic piece of the wiring harness going into the pcm was damaged but it doesn't look like any wires were hurt. Also the tcm on this model is seperate from the pcm. It is actualy mounted on the transmission. Thanks.

Tags
2002 pt crusier, p0700, p0888