PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Raining on my Flames!

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 24 Mar 2012, 09:57 pm
mdfrodolives's Avatar
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,313
Default Raining on my Flames!

So the wife and I go to a Mexican restaurant in town and when we leave, I notice the flames on the wife's PT look kinda washed out. In fact, they look as if the rain (yes, it was raining) had washed off most of the silver and gold paint that was within the pin-stripe flame borders. My second thought was that the light outside was just playing tricks on me. But when I got closer, things just didn't look right at all. How could this happen, I thought?

Then my wife says, "Those flames look almost like ours, don't you think? I wonder if the same guy painted them."

Then I looked beyond what I thought was our PT (an almost exact replica that was Electric Pearl Blue with flames, like ours) and saw our PT, parked alongside it. The flames on our PT looked just as they did a few hours before.

I'm sure the same guy painted both vehicles, since the flames looked almost exactly alike--except for the filling--but what a surprise.

Tim
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 24 Mar 2012, 10:09 pm
fabreezai's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Norad Colorado
Posts: 714
Default Re: Raining on my Flames!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfrodolives View Post
So the wife and I go to a Mexican restaurant in town and when we leave, I notice the flames on the wife's PT look kinda washed out. In fact, they look as if the rain (yes, it was raining) had washed off most of the silver and gold paint that was within the pin-stripe flame borders. My second thought was that the light outside was just playing tricks on me. But when I got closer, things just didn't look right at all. How could this happen, I thought?

Then my wife says, "Those flames look almost like ours, don't you think? I wonder if the same guy painted them."

Then I looked beyond what I thought was our PT (an almost exact replica that was Electric Pearl Blue with flames, like ours) and saw our PT, parked alongside it. The flames on our PT looked just as they did a few hours before.

I'm sure the same guy painted both vehicles, since the flames looked almost exactly alike--except for the filling--but what a surprise.

Tim
Wow! what a coincidence! should have thrown in some kind of comment bout the flame in your heart for your wife! (makes for good browning points!) Great story! Hope you had a "hot" dinner and evening! Taking my wife out for some beer, wine and music tonight. Unfortunately without the PT.
__________________
Cheers! 2003 2.4, N/A, Touring, Supercharged, 5 speed. 126k..... Blew up that engine, building another to take the boost! Built a new engine, still working out some issuess.......

Last edited by fabreezai; 24 Mar 2012 at 10:12 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 25 Mar 2012, 01:04 pm
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: south of Tampa, Florida
Posts: 3,037
Default Re: Raining on my Flames!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfrodolives View Post
So the wife and I go to a Mexican restaurant in town and when we leave, I notice the flames on the wife's PT look kinda washed out. In fact, they look as if the rain (yes, it was raining) had washed off most of the silver and gold paint that was within the pin-stripe flame borders. My second thought was that the light outside was just playing tricks on me. But when I got closer, things just didn't look right at all. How could this happen, I thought?

Then my wife says, "Those flames look almost like ours, don't you think? I wonder if the same guy painted them."

Then I looked beyond what I thought was our PT (an almost exact replica that was Electric Pearl Blue with flames, like ours) and saw our PT, parked alongside it. The flames on our PT looked just as they did a few hours before.

I'm sure the same guy painted both vehicles, since the flames looked almost exactly alike--except for the filling--but what a surprise.

Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabreezai View Post
Wow! what a coincidence! should have thrown in some kind of comment bout the flame in your heart for your wife! (makes for good browning points!) Great story! Hope you had a "hot" dinner and evening! Taking my wife out for some beer, wine and music tonight. Unfortunately without the PT.

I agree. What a co-inky-dink! I took the wife out last night too------ mine not yours.

Jerry
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 25 Mar 2012, 06:13 pm
WolfmanG's Avatar
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 4,495
Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG
Default Re: Raining on my Flames!

i'm sorry i don't get it, so was the food good or not?
__________________
-Danny Wolfman G
http://www.facebook.com/WolfmanG
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 25 Mar 2012, 06:36 pm
Busted_PT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beckley, W.V.
Posts: 13,901
Default Re: Raining on my Flames!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanG View Post
i'm sorry i don't get it, so was the food good or not?
Ya completely lost.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 25 Mar 2012, 06:50 pm
WolfmanG's Avatar
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 4,495
Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG
Default Re: Raining on my Flames!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Ya completely lost.
i know right?
__________________
-Danny Wolfman G
http://www.facebook.com/WolfmanG
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:20 pm
mdfrodolives's Avatar
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,313
Default Re: Raining on my Flames!

The food was great--and very reasonable! But the gas the following day was way off the charts ....

Tim
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:27 pm
Busted_PT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beckley, W.V.
Posts: 13,901
Default Re: Raining on my Flames!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfrodolives View Post
The food was great--and very reasonable! But the gas the following day was way off the charts ....

Tim
LMAO!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:40 pm
WolfmanG's Avatar
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 4,495
Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG
Default Re: Raining on my Flames!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfrodolives View Post
The food was great--and very reasonable! But the gas the following day was way off the charts ....

Tim
some ppl say to light a match, but with all the methane in the air, i don't think it's a good idea
__________________
-Danny Wolfman G
http://www.facebook.com/WolfmanG
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:43 pm
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: south of Tampa, Florida
Posts: 3,037
Default Re: Raining on my Flames!

5 characters

Last edited by wwpptc; 25 Mar 2012 at 09:08 pm.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Raining again careyk General PT Cruiser Discussions 2 31 May 2010 03:40 pm
It's Raining - Oh Wait - It's Inside MickRC3 General PT Cruiser Discussions 0 15 Jul 2009 11:09 pm
still raining Ghosthawk PT Cruiser Convertible Forum 4 23 Mar 2009 06:16 pm
Who else has flames on their PT? VellianPT Exterior Accessories Forum 18 03 Apr 2004 11:31 pm
New FLAMES!!!!!!!!! Bigphil3232 Exterior Accessories Forum 7 19 Feb 2004 03:01 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 pm.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors