Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Taillight clips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Mar 2012, 11:30 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Taillight clips

You know those clips that hold the tai lights in place? Bot of my right side ones have dissapeared. Where can I get new ones? Or is there a cheaper solution?
Old 30 Mar 2012, 11:46 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Taillight clips

there's quite a few people here that installed aftermarket tails here. some even bought replacements for a broken lens. maybe someone still have their old ones and don't need the clips. be patient, someone will see this thread and probably send you the clips they don't need for the cost of postage.

where are you located?
Old 30 Mar 2012, 11:52 am
Regular Cruiser

Deltona fl, I'm considering euros when I can get the cash. I found a pair pretty cheap. But for now I need the clips, as the tail light flaps in the wind at high speed.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 12:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

If you handy and have a pair of tin-snips, you can make your own for temporary use. Measure the one you have left, cut it the same length and bend in the proper shape.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 12:42 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
If you handy and have a pair of tin-snips, you can make your own for temporary use. Measure the one you have left, cut it the same length and bend in the proper shape.
Good idea. Nice to see you on the forums again!
Old 30 Mar 2012, 05:54 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamN00bz View Post
You know those clips that hold the tai lights in place? Bot of my right side ones have dissapeared. Where can I get new ones? Or is there a cheaper solution?
Maybe someone else can chime in on this but I'm assuming they are "speed nuts" ? As it is a clip that slides on to a tab with a hole in it and the screw threads into it? not sure as I have never had my tail lights out. If they are, I have an assortment of them and will be happy to send them to you. PM me your addy and let me know how many you need.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 06:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabreezai View Post
Maybe someone else can chime in on this but I'm assuming they are "speed nuts" ? As it is a clip that slides on to a tab with a hole in it and the screw threads into it? not sure as I have never had my tail lights out. If they are, I have an assortment of them and will be happy to send them to you. PM me your addy and let me know how many you need.

Fabreezai,

No nothing like that. They are actual clips made of one piece tin/metal about an inch wide and 3 inches long. They a bent in a way to hold the sides of the taillight to the lip of the hole that the lights sit in.

This will show you what the 2 silver clips look like.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 06:33 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Fabreezai,

No nothing like that. They are actual clips made of one piece tin/metal about an inch wide and 3 inches long. They a bent in a way to hold the sides of the taillight to the lip of the hole that the lights sit in.

This will show you what the 2 silver clips look like.

Ahh! I see! can't help the OP then.

BTW, Good to see you back! Positive energy to you and speedy recovery!
Old 30 Mar 2012, 06:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Thanks.