PT Cruiser Forum

Sunroof problem 2001

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By irishobo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Apr 2012, 08:29 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Sunroof problem 2001

Hello guys!I recently bought a pt cruiser touring edition 2001 really good condition!The only problem is that the sunroof is going only up and down,not back!So like that i cant enjoy having a sunroof!When i press the A button it goes back 1 inch and then stops!I dont hear any motor working,but i dont think is broken cause its moving even 1 inch!Then i press again the V button and i close the sunroof!
So do you have any suggestions?I read other threads here about sunroof problems but i couldnt find any solution!
Please i would like your help!
Thank you

P.S. Sorry for my English im from Montreal
Old 21 Apr 2012, 08:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Sunroof problem 2001

Did you try giving the sunroof a little help going open with one hand as you hit the button with your other hand?
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
Old 22 Apr 2012, 10:51 am
Regular Cruiser

I have the same issue with mine and found a plastic piece that I guess from the track that broke off. I tried helping it move back but it didn't work. I sometimes just tilt it up but probably should just leave it closed til I fix it. If the sunroof moves at all then I would think it's not the motor so it's the track which is a grand to fix if done at a shop. Would be nice to find a video or something on how to replace the track. Guess I need to look harder.
Old 22 Apr 2012, 07:38 pm
Young Cruiser

Hey guys!I didnt try help the sunroof because i dont know what is wrong and i dont want to break something!I tried to find a video how to all over the internet but i cant find nothing!I guess a lot of people have the same problem as me but no one made a how to video!I called chrysler and they dont even know,they told me i should change the whole sunroof(cost a fortune).Anyways guys i hope someone had that before and fixed so he can give us a hand!Thanks
Old 27 Apr 2012, 04:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Smile Re: Sunroof problem 2001

Check this out Sunroof assembly
I have repaired mine with the kit. It wasn't that hard. Be careful when pulling out the headliner the wires for the lights are glued to it. I just pulled them off the headliner and then hot glued them back on when i was done. Definately easier with two people. One to hold it up, and one to unscrew the screws. The whole assembly will come down in one piece (not that heavy), then just replace the pieces in the assembly with the new ones and reassemble. Good Luck!
ew55 likes this.