Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hydraulic Jack Placement

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 May 2012, 09:25 pm
Banned

Exclamation Hydraulic Jack Placement

Last edited by Busa_Powered; 09 Jul 2012 at 03:00 pm.
Old 19 May 2012, 09:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Hydraulic Jack Placement

try these:

Lift points for floor jack - PT Cruiser - Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Plymouth, and related cars and trucks

Thread jacking up my PT | PT Cruiser Forum | BoardReader
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
Old 20 May 2012, 09:39 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Your not just jacking us around are ya?

Just had to do it!

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com

Last edited by Busted_PT; 20 May 2012 at 09:52 am.
Old 20 May 2012, 09:43 am
Veteran Cruiser

And remember. Use jack stands! You'll probably have to manhandle that lower pipe and the bottom of the uppipe. Don't want the jack to roll out.

227 HP and 281 TQ

new best of 14.56 1/4 mile on 7/25/12 still using the canned tune from my diablosport predator.

*Stage 1, DSP w/93 canned tune, 3" o2 housing, 3" FWDPerformance downpipe with cutout. Bwoody solid mounts. AMX1397 TTAB with K&n drop in filter and airbox mod. AMX1397 lower pipe and AMX1397 uppipe with HKS BOV
* stock nsrt rims powdercoated black, chrome pillars.
* 3 gauge pod w/ aem wideband, Autometer ultralite oil pressure and 30/30 boost, Mopar 8" sub.*

Old 20 May 2012, 10:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Since my PT is low I drive up onto 2x4's to raise the car a few inches and place my floor jack under the frame about a foot inside of the pinchrail. Then I place my jackstand onto the pinchrail where the little triangle points down to with an old piece of rubber car mat for a little extra protection. Repeat for the other side. You can raise the car while the car pivots on the jackstand until it reaches the height for the second jackstand. Then chock the rear wheels. And don't use cheap jack and jack stands. I bought mine from Sears 20 years ago and they still work. It will cost about $120-200 for a good set of jack and stands.

Last edited by Flowrider; 20 May 2012 at 10:22 pm. Reason: spelling eror
Old 20 May 2012, 11:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Anybody ever consider one of these exhaust airbag jacks???

Exhaust Jack/ Air Jack 4T Double Inflatable Systems | eBay

What I like about this one is that you don't have to use exhaust only, you can use a compressor. I'm going to get me one and try it out for home use. Supposedly, according to consumer reports, they will hold you wheel off the ground for around 20 minutes. If you use the exhaust to fill it, there are other issues to be aware of, but for me, I'm going to try it and if it doesn't work, no biggie. I've spoken to several buyers who have bought these and every one of them was happy with them.
Old 21 May 2012, 01:05 am
Banned

That looks pretty cool!
Old 21 May 2012, 11:01 pm
Senior Cruiser

I once saw a picture in the newspaper about two guys that were putting air into a tractor tire. They kept putting in the air and a piece around the rim exploded and killed both the farmers. Ever since then, I've always had an appreciation for the effects of too much air pressure.

These jack bags look dangerous to me.

Remember the Hindenberg.

Tim
Old 21 May 2012, 11:59 pm
Regular Cruiser

I personally wouldn't give those bags a chance. Why try to change that is tried and true (jack stands are great) and doesn't take that much effort to lift the car up even if you use the scissor jack to get it to your desired height followed by jack stands to hold it there?

Don't get me wrong, that looks like a cool concept but not really something cool enough for me to risk my life over. Sorry Chrome, not trying to be harsh or anything.
Old 22 May 2012, 06:41 am
Senior Cruiser

i wouldnt use them either. you have to think. its a bag. bags are prone to puncture, then you have to think, its a car, that has been jacked before, the frame rails have sharp edges.......i do not want to put a few ton car on a plastic bag and have a tiny sliver of metal killing me haha