Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Smart Glass Modual Repaired.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jun 2012, 07:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Smart Glass Modual Repaired.

I have a convertible that uses a Smart glass modual to drop the windows a 1/2" when the door is opened. It then closes the window when the door closes. It's a great little device (when its working properly).

I recently changed the multi function switch about 5 times due to some bad parts I had gotten. While disconnecting and reconnecting the battery the SMG on the drivers side door lost its mind. It would only drop once and would not close. Then it stopped working all together. I tried to disconnect and reconnect the battery several times and shorted the battery cables together to discharge the modual and reset it. (This is how I fixed the roof from not working one time before). The resets did not work on the SMG. Somewhere I read that you needed to close the window and stall it in the close position for a few seconds. When I did this the window reset and dropped the 1/2" while I was holding the switch in the closed position. Everything works again!!!!!

Dan
Old 02 Jun 2015, 01:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Smart Glass Modual Repaired.

Thanks Dan
Fog lights killed battery in daughters convertible, and same thing, after battery was recharged drivers side window not operating when opening and closing door, crazy. I did your method of stalling it while door closed, and now it works properly again Thanks!