PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
need help for a price check on 05 Cruiser Touring edition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Aug 2012, 12:59 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default need help for a price check on 05 Cruiser Touring edition

Hi everyone

My wife aka boss of the house is buying her long time loved cruiser but need ur guys' help for a price check

Here is infomation about the car she is thinking of buying

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition
Security Alarm, Speed Control, A/C, AM/FM Cd Player, Power Driver Seat, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel, Pwr Windows/Locks/Mirrors, Fog Lamps, Tinted Glass, 16" Aluminun Wheels, Chrome Package, Leather/Suede Heated Seats, aftermarket remote start and Only 72216 KM

And we checked it there is near mint cosmeticly, the tire is about 60% left and it rides smooth and comfortable. The price is 6300cad/ around 6200 usd.

So what u guys think of the price for cruiser in this condition? Does it worth buying?
Old 04 Aug 2012, 04:07 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: need help for a price check on 05 Cruiser Touring edition

Sounds like car is pretty decent, but you should always get it checked out by a certificate mechanic unless you personally kown the owner and car.

Price doesn't sound to much out of line, but can vary a great deal depending on condition. Is it a one owner? Do you have any history on car? Is it a dealer or private sell? Check auto trader and you can get a good idea of what there worth. You didn't say, so my guess is the engine is an n/a (non turbo). The n/a usually bring less than the turbo so it's important to know so make sure you search for the non turbo if that what the car is on Auto Trader prices will be less.

Good luck

2008 Touring -9050 miles (Cash for Clunkers trade-in)
2008 Miata MX5 Vert. 30000 Mi
2000 Astro Con. Van. 58000 Mi (One owner)
2005 HD Sporster 1200, 8000 Mi
Old 04 Aug 2012, 10:12 am
Cool Cruiser

the mileage is closehave the timing belt checked and changed if needed
Old 04 Aug 2012, 11:51 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyptguy View Post
the mileage is closehave the timing belt checked and changed if needed
it's in km. around 44,000 miles.
Old 04 Aug 2012, 01:22 pm
Senior Cruiser

Google in Edmunds. It will show you exactly what cars in your zip code (or Canadian definition for our U.S. zip codes) are going for--both private party sales and dealer's.

Sounds like a good deal to me, though.

Tim
Old 04 Aug 2012, 07:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thx guys for the great inputs and I checked autotrader that the price seems sub-par and I am going to get Chrysler dealer checked it out on Tuesday and my wife will be proud of a cruiser owner by that day if there is nothing wrong with the car. Too bad that Monday is a holiday here and nothing I can do :<
Old 05 Aug 2012, 01:40 am
Banned

5 Speed or Auto?
Old 05 Aug 2012, 03:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
5 Speed or Auto?
It is an auto 2.4liter none turbo
Old 05 Aug 2012, 04:48 pm
Senior Cruiser

I let my wife think she's the boss of the house too, that way when she's shopping for a car she can do it herself.... just kidding... sounds like a good car... maybe she'll let you drive it..... just kidding..... maybe she'll make you wash it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4ever View Post
Hi everyone

My wife aka boss of the house is buying her long time loved cruiser but need ur guys' help for a price check

Here is infomation about the car she is thinking of buying

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition
Security Alarm, Speed Control, A/C, AM/FM Cd Player, Power Driver Seat, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel, Pwr Windows/Locks/Mirrors, Fog Lamps, Tinted Glass, 16" Aluminun Wheels, Chrome Package, Leather/Suede Heated Seats, aftermarket remote start and Only 72216 KM

And we checked it there is near mint cosmeticly, the tire is about 60% left and it rides smooth and comfortable. The price is 6300cad/ around 6200 usd.

So what u guys think of the price for cruiser in this condition? Does it worth buying?
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 06 Aug 2012, 12:33 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlefaive View Post
I let my wife think she's the boss of the house too, that way when she's shopping for a car she can do it herself.... just kidding... sounds like a good car... maybe she'll let you drive it..... just kidding..... maybe she'll make you wash it.
Thx and yeah .... I'm the one wash and clean the cars inthe house and I won't want to drive it after I heard she gonna decorat the car in pink with pink customized made laces for front and back seat cover, sun visor covers, shift knob cover, hand break knob covers,arm rest covers, seat belt cover, door handle covers, and a big pink Barbie logo on the hood........

I don't see myself fit in the car after she did those things she wanted.... But I will be the driver for first day driving