Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Engine cut out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Aug 2012, 10:55 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Engine cut out

So I firstly went to the search, and unfortunately the threads which came up were by people posting the issues with no details and buggering off, so no real solid replies.

My issue, sometimes the engine just cuts out. The strange thing is, this only ever happens on this 1 stretch of road, nowhere else at all. Just all a bit odd.

What could the engine cut out be though? It happens when A/C is on and off, so ruled out a link there.

I know the vacuum hose is it, that was replaced after a recall. Nothing comes up when I do that key turn thing, just an old code.

Any help greatly appreciated

Old 08 Aug 2012, 11:50 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Engine cut out

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteclaw View Post
So I firstly went to the search, and unfortunately the threads which came up were by people posting the issues with no details and buggering off, so no real solid replies.

My issue, sometimes the engine just cuts out. The strange thing is, this only ever happens on this 1 stretch of road, nowhere else at all. Just all a bit odd.

What could the engine cut out be though? It happens when A/C is on and off, so ruled out a link there.

I know the vacuum hose is it, that was replaced after a recall. Nothing comes up when I do that key turn thing, just an old code.

Any help greatly appreciated
Yes I have found that there is not a lot of control with regards to stating new threads from new members having problems. the search feature becomes convoluted with to much information and takes to long to read through them to find good solid information.

You might need to be a little more specific when you describe what your engine is doing. The wording "cut out" can mean a few different things. Does the engine simple shut off, and if it does will it restart and if so does it need to sit before it will restart. Or "cut out" refer to a ignition misfire effecting a single cylinder or more?

Have you had the OBDII port scanned for any codes. Not everything will show using the "key" initiation code access review.
Oh and what is the road condition that you say it happens all the time. Please describe the environmental as well the road/tarmac.
Help us help you!

BTW "cool" user name!
Whiteclaw clan - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 08 Aug 2012 at 11:52 am.
Old 08 Aug 2012, 12:49 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Engine cut out

Hello. Firstly, thanks for the reply.

When I say 'cut out' I mean the engine switches off. I can restart it straight away.

The road is a normal tarmac road. I do pass a big mobile phone mast though which sits alongside the road. I did wonder if that could somehow interfere, but I have never heard of such a thing happening.