Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Manual transmission

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Aug 2012, 10:11 am
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Manual transmission

I have been reading problems on this site about manual tranny shifting problems. I joined this forum yesterday, and posted in the areas of transmission problems. So far I haven't gotten one reply. Sorry to post here, but have serious problem, and need help.
Old 11 Aug 2012, 10:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Manual transmission

There has been a reply to your post at 7pm last night. Everyone sees all new posts if they just click on "New Posts" on the blue line on top of the forum.

The real problem is that you stuck you question at the end of 5 pages of discussion on someone else's problem instead of starting a new tread like you did with this post. Lots of folks don't go back to older threads they aren't interested in anymore.

You said it's sitting at the dealer. What do they say about it? Have you tried new bushings on the linkage? That's what most of the shifting problems come down to.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Aug 2012, 12:18 pm
Veteran Cruiser

this fixed mine. try it. it literally takes 2 minutes start to finish. i have had no problems ever since.

Stiff transmission when hot?
Old 12 Aug 2012, 10:42 am
Fresh Cruiser

I changed the oil in the transmission, still had the problem, I bought the Booger bushings, and installed them which made a world of difference, and then it still got so hard to shift that the linkage came off. I have a extended warranty. The dealer said the warranty company told them to put a new shifter linkage in, which didn't help, I could have told them that. Now they are going to replace the clutch at $1080.00, and I don't think that will help. One of the guys on this forum said there was a service bulletin on it. I love this car, and owe two payments, and it is mine. I just feel that I am going to be paying for something that should have been taken care of.
Old 12 Aug 2012, 03:28 pm
Veteran Cruiser

First,

Does it shift OK with engine off?

Second,

Have you adjusted per Rob's link????????

Third

Clutch replacement isn't highly technical, it's just grunt work.
I've only removed one PT trans, and don't recall swearing, so don't think it was too bad.
The T350HD weighs about 80lbs, so EZ two man lift.
Old 12 Aug 2012, 04:24 pm
Banned

Exclamation Re: Manual transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by htway750 View Post
I changed the oil in the transmission, still had the problem, I bought the Booger bushings, and installed them which made a world of difference, and then it still got so hard to shift that the linkage came off. I have a extended warranty. The dealer said the warranty company told them to put a new shifter linkage in, which didn't help, I could have told them that. Now they are going to replace the clutch at $1080.00, and I don't think that will help. One of the guys on this forum said there was a service bulletin on it. I love this car, and owe two payments, and it is mine. I just feel that I am going to be paying for something that should have been taken care of.
lol, I have had manual trannys forever and have never had clutch replaced under warranty.
Old 13 Aug 2012, 09:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

I never got a chance to adjust the lever under the dash as the car ended up in the dealership. If I take the car home and something happens then it will have to be towed back to the dealer. The clutch is on me. I don't think the clutch is the problem.