PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Adjusting headlights focus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Aug 2012, 10:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Adjusting headlights focus

Mission impossible!! How can I simply adjust the headlight focus on a 2002 PT? I heard of disassembling the whole front fender! Absurd...
Old 18 Aug 2012, 10:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Adjusting headlights focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ld626 View Post
Mission impossible!! How can I simply adjust the headlight focus on a 2002 PT? I heard of disassembling the whole front fender! Absurd...
BTW, I heard of some many people say "I got these some many problems with it, but I love my PT..." For me its a relationship of hate and love cuz the
sucker is comfortable but its a piece of junk! lol. The other day a guy at the oil change place told me "its a car that should never hit the road", oh boy he hurt my feelings ahaha
Old 18 Aug 2012, 11:15 pm
Senior Cruiser

You meaning aligning them? There are tork screws beneath the headlights. I forget what size it is and which way to turn them for up and down.
Old 19 Aug 2012, 12:00 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ld626 View Post
BTW, I heard of some many people say "I got these some many problems with it, but I love my PT..." For me its a relationship of hate and love cuz the
sucker is comfortable but its a piece of junk! lol. The other day a guy at the oil change place told me "its a car that should never hit the road", oh boy he hurt my feelings ahaha

If its a piece of junk, remember you picked it.
Old 19 Aug 2012, 02:11 am
Obsessed Cruiser

ld626, down in my signature block is a link to the tech documents library, at the beginning of the very first post is sections on how to align your headlights. Go there and you can download the pdf files. It's not difficult, only a bit time consuming. I'm actually going to start building headlight alignment templates to sell for PT users who want to do it the easy way....

I would need my own forum just to list my mods!!!
Remember, a PT Cruiser is not just a car, it's a way of life!
LAUS DEO SEMPER

Please visit the Tech Docs Library and you'll find many of your answers!
Old 19 Aug 2012, 09:56 am
Fanatic Cruiser

It takes a t-20 torx bit to adjust the headlight aim. There is a hole at the bottom edge of the light housing to reach the screw. From the outside only the vertical aim is adjustable, the horizontal aim is hidden in the back of the light housing...
1990 Chevy 454SS
1989 Chevy Suburban 2500
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 25 Aug 2012, 09:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I just replaced the headlight assemblies on my wife's 02 Cruiser. I have the factory manual so that went okay, but I can't get them to focus. The factory manual doesn't even identify the adjustment screws. I found the screw at the bottom of the lense, but it doesn't appear to do anything. I tried adjusting the old assemblies to get a feel for it, but they don't seem to do anything either. I believe that this screw should adjust the beam vertically. Is there a horizontal adjustment? The shop manual is vauge about this as well. Has anyone out there actually successfully adjusted their headlights.