Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What is the value of an 03 Dreamer?

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Aug 2012, 09:48 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default What is the value of an 03 Dreamer?

OK I am an addict, but in addition to my 02 Aztec Gold Dream Series 1, I have run into another that I am seriously considering for purchase (giving my wife the 01)

So what is the value of a 2003 Series 3 Tangerine Pearl Turbo 5sp Dream Cruiser. It is all stock, maintenance records, timing belt done, solid 9/10 on both interior and exterior and 150k on the clock.

Do I consider the Dream Series 03 a GT or limited turbo? Which tranny does it have?

What is the value on this, book says 4k MAX but that does not really take into account its a Dream Series.

Thoughts?

Last edited by chargerrich; 23 Aug 2012 at 10:16 am. Reason: Typo on year :)
Old 22 Aug 2012, 09:57 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: What is the value of an 03 Dreamer?

With that mileage may like $3000-$4000
Old 22 Aug 2012, 10:21 am
Fresh Cruiser

Yeah that is what I thought... they were asking $4700 and balked at $3800. I was considering a $4k offer but sounds like that's no bargain.

It sure is pretty though
Old 22 Aug 2012, 10:48 am
Senior Cruiser

There was no "Limited" turbo in '03. The first low output turbos started in '04 and that's why the '04 Gt/Dreams got the High Output emblem. The '03 gt and Dream are actually H/Os, too, but since there was no "low" a badge wasn't needed to differentiate.

It takes a Cruiser aficionado to see the extra value of a Dream or even a GT. The uneducated public at large really balks at paying more for the turbo versions. The million or so base model Cruiser prices all over the newpaper ads get branded into the minds of the buying public. Combine that with the poor job Chrysler did marketing the turbo versions and you have bad news for sellers of turbo Dreams and GT models but great news for buyers because they can get what is basically a supercar for cheap. That's my 2 cents but I'll leave it to others to throw down some numbers for you.
Old 22 Aug 2012, 11:26 am
Obsessed Cruiser

These are not high output unless it has stage 1! Blue book retail is $5893 privet party $3370 to $4450. Look on Kelly Blue Book, if it has more options it will be more. Such as 6 disk changer. It is a GT plus the dream package.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 22 Aug 2012, 11:28 am
Fresh Cruiser

I usually work off of edmunds.com - KBB seems very pro dealer with its pricing IMO.
Old 22 Aug 2012, 07:17 pm
Senior Cruiser

Basically, I will pay for what I want. Not that I'm rolling in dough, but I will pay extra for what I consider to be unique.

And PT People are almost like VW (air-cooled) folks. For instance, there are people who will pay five, ten and even twenty times the original sticker price for certain VW models. The 1969 Karman Ghia I paid $2648.00 for in 1969--if in pristine condition--will get a lot more than it's original sticker price--at least ten times that price. A VW (air-cooled) pick-up double cab in good shape can get up to $20,000.00--a heck of a lot more than when it was new. Why? Simply because some people love them and will pay the price.

You can still get these vehicles for much cheaper, of course, but you usually have a lot of work to do to bring them up to great shape again.

If I wanted a Dream Cruiser--especially that neat Tangerine Pearl coat, I would not dicker for low blue book. In our PT world, it's a special beauty, after all.

Tim
Old 22 Aug 2012, 07:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerrich View Post
Yeah that is what I thought... they were asking $4700 and balked at $3800. I was considering a $4k offer but sounds like that's no bargain.

It sure is pretty though
If you want a dream and a rare 5 speed at that well sometimes the deal is in finding one available in the first place. The production number was way less than the original production scheduled number.

If it will make you feel better, give us the location and I'm sure someone will look it over for you and see if it is worth anything!

The first dream was 02.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com

Last edited by Busted_PT; 22 Aug 2012 at 07:38 pm.
Old 27 Aug 2012, 10:35 am
Fresh Cruiser

Offered $3500 for the Tangerine Dreamer, but seller is firm on $4000. Hate to do it but I will probably pass. Seems 4k is not a horrible price but its not great either.
Old 30 Aug 2012, 04:36 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Value is in my opinion for a Dream2 5speed is subject to how much you want it and like it,,, very limited production...not made anymore.... if you like it $4k is a a steal!!!!!! Where is it... maybe Ill buy it.. thanks MJB
Busted_PT likes this.