found a 05 ptgt

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mdskinner731
  • 1 Post By Vlefaive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Sep 2012, 07:18 am
Cool Cruiser

Default found a 05 ptgt

i found the car of my dreams this weekend. driving along i noticed a car sitting in the weeds. i slowed down and looked closer. its an 05 inferno red PTGT with the HO 2.4l turbo. auto shift transmission. upon first look it appears that it had been in an accident :-( but i stopped and looked closer. the front bumper is sitting in the car. all of the engine shrouds/air filter box is sitting in the passengers side floor. motor appears to be half apart (my guess is that the timing belt went. brought it some where to be fixed and was told the infamous quote "those motors are junk! your only option is replace") and being that it is the HO w/ turbo my assumption is that they cannot find a motor and dont kno that they can be fixed. interior is all black leather. has factory sub woofer in rear. over all exeptionally clean car! i left my name and number. here is to hoping that i will get a call some time soon. i will be driving out to where this car is and trying to contact the owner again if i dont hear from them!
any guesses as to what i should offer the owner if they ask?

every one wish me luck!!!
Old 17 Sep 2012, 08:36 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: found a 05 ptgt

Offer em a grand and they'll salivate ... if its among the weeds they lost hope. You can bring it back for a couple G's more and have a great car.. The motors are solid, don't believe anyone who says otherwise.
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 08:44 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlefaive View Post
Offer em a grand and they'll salivate ... if its among the weeds they lost hope. You can bring it back for a couple G's more and have a great car.. The motors are solid, don't believe anyone who says otherwise.
i was thinkink offering 650 and going from there. (willing to spend 1000 if they settle for it) its alot more than the price of scrap and i can remove the car that same day!!
XtrmDC2 likes this.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 08:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Let them price it first. Or better yet tell me where it is and I'll negotiate it for you. Worst case offer $500 and go from there. You have to assume that you may have to replace the motor and fix who knows what else.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 17 Sep 2012, 08:58 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Sounds amazing. Talk it down and squeeze a deal out of them, then let the modding begin... Let us know what happens. Love to see some pics.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 09:23 am
Cool Cruiser

for now all i wanna do is just get the car (if they wanna sell) get it running and drive it. not getting my hopes up about modding b/c i dunno if i will end up with this car yet!

i will keep yalls posted on the events to follow!
Old 18 Sep 2012, 04:21 am
Senior Cruiser

Yeah yer right, my CDN dollar is stronger than the greenback.... I meant to say $500!
Busted_PT likes this.
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 18 Sep 2012, 12:59 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Yes keep us posted. I'm new here and (still not sure why) but yeah I love our PT! (2001 Limited), so much so that I'm gonna keep an eye on Cragislist to see if a PT GT turns up with a blown motor! I kinda like sleepers and man if I had a PT GT...i"d be such an A hole!

Always with signals and safe passing of course!