PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT in a bucket!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Sep 2012, 11:05 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default PT in a bucket!

Evening all. Kael and I have added a 2001 Limited to the garage. It was delivered by tow truck. The rest of the engine was delivered in a pick-up truck. A local shop diagnosed a bad head gasket, among other things. After tear-down and estimate, the owner declined repairs. The entire top of the engine is literally in buckets. Cam followers, lifters, and every bolt in a coffee can, the rest just stacked in the back. There was very little care given to keeping the parts organized; I guess they are pissed they lost the work.

The repair quote was just under $4000.00. I'm guessing that is about what it's worth, so the owner probably made a good decision. It's a one owner and it has been taken care of very well, inside and out. It's dark blue with gray interior. The inside of the engine shows no sludge and very little carbon.

So..... Kael and I will have a very clean 01 Limited, with all the hard work completed, for sale in the near future.

I'll get some pics posted tomorrow.

Ron
Busted_PT likes this.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical Minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a Turd by the clean end". (R.J. Wiedemann Lt.Col. USMC Ret)
Old 18 Sep 2012, 10:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: PT in a bucket!

Evening all. Here are a few pics of Kael and I's latest acquisition. No description for the photos is required. Click the links below and see what you think.

Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (87.9 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (95.5 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (89.4 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (89.9 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (91.3 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (89.7 KB, 56 views)
Pipeous likes this.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical Minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a Turd by the clean end". (R.J. Wiedemann Lt.Col. USMC Ret)
Old 19 Sep 2012, 07:46 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Glad to see that it will live again! I have an 02 that color and arriver that same way. Fabbreza is sending a head I hope I can use to fix mine. Yours is nicer though.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 19 Sep 2012, 10:03 am
Obsessed Cruiser

wow wish mine was that nice on the inside a rear shelf a under seat storage adn the nets on the back of the seats they made them a lot nicer in the begining
Old 19 Sep 2012, 11:27 am
Cool Cruiser

How do you find deals like that? Do you walk in and talk to the garage or is it just a for sale ad you find them in? I wouldnt mind finding some projects like that.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 12:35 pm
Cool Cruiser

My PT does not have a net on the back of the front passenger seat.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 01:26 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Glad to see that it will live again! I have an 02 that color and arriver that same way. Fabbreza is sending a head I hope I can use to fix mine. Yours is nicer though.
Hey Busted. I couldn't let it go to salvage, it's in really good shape. I got lucky, the head is not cracked and it's flat to boot.

Ron
Busted_PT likes this.

Old 19 Sep 2012, 01:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonocativo View Post
How do you find deals like that? Do you walk in and talk to the garage or is it just a for sale ad you find them in? I wouldnt mind finding some projects like that.
Hey Sonocativo. Both of my PT's were found through friends who work at shops. Both were going to salvage yards. I just offered a little more than salvage value. I got lucky both times with the vehicle condition.

Ron

Old 19 Sep 2012, 01:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruserdad1976 View Post
wow wish mine was that nice on the inside a rear shelf a under seat storage adn the nets on the back of the seats they made them a lot nicer in the begining
Hey cruserdad and edb. I read a post earlier that talked about how options were different between the PT's. I have two 01 Limited's, and they are both nicely optioned, but the differences really surprised me. One has ABS, traction control, and 4 wheel disc, the other has none of these. My latest edition seems to have much fancier seats and trim, but no sunroof. One thing that really surprised me was the window controls. One has controls for all the windows in the dash and a switch for the rears in the back of the console, the other has a switch in the dash for the fronts and a switch in the rear of the console for the rear. Makes me wonder how many different wiring harnesses Chrysler put in the PT's.

Ron

Old 19 Sep 2012, 03:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

well i can tell you the windows deal was the first year they came out the windows were controlled up frount and the next yesr or maybe the second half they added the back controls

I can tell you as the years went on the options went away
looking at a old add there were a bunch of options but some were only on the touring some one the limited and then we all knwo about the dream cruser

heated seats
4 wheel abs
traction control
a nav system
rempte start
sun roof
full on turob
turbo light
paddle shift
leather seats
matching floor mats
sun woofers