OEM sensors.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Badglas
  • 1 Post By Badglas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Sep 2012, 02:31 am
Cool Cruiser

Default OEM sensors.

Morning all. Just wondering if anyone has used O E Discount Parts for replacement sensors? I agree with everyone's sentiments about using OEM parts. They're pricing is much better than the dealer. Thanks for any input.

Ron

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical Minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a Turd by the clean end". (R.J. Wiedemann Lt.Col. USMC Ret)
Old 23 Sep 2012, 10:46 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: OEM sensors.

Ron is this a trick question?

Most of the OEM parts from MOPAR are manufactured or assembled in Mexico or Asian country, as it is is with most aftermarket parts supplied through companies like O E M Discount Parts? So IMO it does not matter anymore? Also for some that think they are **Made in USA parts look again the American Automobile Labeling Act (AALA) was an attempt to regulate what was called “Made in the USA,” by requiring that 75 percent of the parts content be from the US or Canada. A manufactures packaging trick after this regulation was to package parts labeled "boxed" or "packaged" in the USA.
I always felt challenged and hand tied when a custmers demanded a made in USA part it was next to imposible to find but they seem to be alright with a box with a US flag on it.

As it is with most anything electrical no matter what the quality once in place and active it will either fail or operate its designed life within the first few hours of use.or origin.

This may help some of you with this dilemma about origin of parts. Burt as I said beware of how it is packaged!
You may notice very few auto parts?
Made in the USA Products Directory

The Cold, Hard Truth About ‘Made in the USA’ and ‘Made in America’ Labels
Read more: The Cold, Hard Truth About ‘Made in the USA’ & ‘Made in America’ Labels

American Automobile Labeling Act
American Automobile Labeling Act

Hot rodders are a strange lot. They’ll spend thousands of dollars on performance parts to improve acceleration, handling or braking, but most won’t spend one dime on testing to discover if all those parts really made a difference!
Remember this: All modifications build on each other; the better you configure your mods to work with each other, the more powerful your car will be.

Last edited by NitroPT; 24 Sep 2012 at 12:47 am. Reason: forgot the M in O E M
Old 23 Sep 2012, 12:25 pm
Regular Cruiser

Talking Re: OEM sensors.

A dealer told me that most of the aftermarket parts are OK to use, but the Mopar O2 sensors give fewer problems and last much longer than the aftermarket ones, regardless of brand.
Old 23 Sep 2012, 12:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWing View Post
A dealer told me that most of the aftermarket parts are OK to use, but the Mopar O2 sensors give fewer problems and last much longer than the aftermarket ones, regardless of brand.
Maybe so, but we've seen time and time again on this forum where an owner bought a sensor from ?????? and they came here with the same problem. We told them to go to Chrysler part and sure enough, the problem went away.

So that "last much longer than the aftermarket ones" means that the aftermarket may only last 10 mins to 2 days from time of purchase.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
Old 24 Sep 2012, 12:21 am
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for the replies. I am well aware of the aftermarket vs OEM debate, and formed my own opinions a long time ago. There are some things that I always prefer OEM. Might come from spending my career in the Corvette world, where that is the standard. This firm offers the OEM part at a lower price than the aftermarket replacement.

I was just wondering if anyone had done business with this firm, and what the experience was like.

I think I'm going to give them a try. I'll let you know if it is a positive experience.

Ron
Busted_PT likes this.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical Minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a Turd by the clean end". (R.J. Wiedemann Lt.Col. USMC Ret)
Old 24 Sep 2012, 12:44 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Keep us updated Ron!

Hot rodders are a strange lot. They’ll spend thousands of dollars on performance parts to improve acceleration, handling or braking, but most won’t spend one dime on testing to discover if all those parts really made a difference!
Remember this: All modifications build on each other; the better you configure your mods to work with each other, the more powerful your car will be.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 08:22 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Maybe so, but we've seen time and time again on this forum where an owner bought a sensor from ?????? and they came here with the same problem. We told them to go to Chrysler part and sure enough, the problem went away.

So that "last much longer than the aftermarket ones" means that the aftermarket may only last 10 mins to 2 days from time of purchase.
Isn't that what I said?
Old 24 Sep 2012, 03:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Almost. Didn't agree with "A dealer told me that most of the aftermarket parts are OK to use,. Why pay for a part that sooner rather than later, you'll need to replace.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
Old 24 Sep 2012, 04:25 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Almost. Didn't agree with "A dealer told me that most of the aftermarket parts are OK to use,. Why pay for a part that sooner rather than later, you'll need to replace.
No, you missed the rest of it:

but the Mopar O2 sensors give fewer problems and last much longer than the aftermarket ones, regardless of brand.
Old 06 Oct 2012, 07:26 pm
Cool Cruiser

Evening all. Just a follow up on my purchase from O E Discount Parts. The website was easy to navigate and the purchase process was painless. You will need your VIN when placing the order so they can verify that they will supply you with the correct part.

The part arrived as advertised and on time for 35% less than the local dealer, and 20-25% less than the aftermarket equivalent.

They get an A+ in my book.

Ron
Busted_PT likes this.