Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
'03 GT Turbo trim level

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Sep 2012, 09:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default '03 GT Turbo trim level

I have an '03 GT Turbo automatic with autostick and am wonder what the actual trim level is on it.
Mine has chrome along the "running boards", in the top front grill, 17" chrome wheels, and a chrome gas cap. I also have a sun roof, heated leather seats, and a factory upgraded stereo with the DVD GPS (sadly, missing the disc).My front bumper, a replacement, so I'm told, is not the black rubber one, but is the same color as the rest of the car.
What actually came stock with the '03 GT Turbo and what is upgraded on it?
The reason I ask is that I saw another GT and it didn't have any chrome at all, and except for the GT badge on the back, looked just like any other PT cruiser.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 04:43 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: '03 GT Turbo trim level

You have the GT Turbo trim and your autostick is an option and the extra chrome sounds like dealer add-ons, if you google it you'll find road and track and " how stuff works "did a test drive in '02 that spells it out.
.. That's the extent of my knowledge..... there's hundreds of scarily knowing dudes here will jump in shortly tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstickle View Post
I have an '03 GT Turbo automatic with autostick and am wonder what the actual trim level is on it.
Mine has chrome along the "running boards", in the top front grill, 17" chrome wheels, and a chrome gas cap. I also have a sun roof, heated leather seats, and a factory upgraded stereo with the DVD GPS (sadly, missing the disc).My front bumper, a replacement, so I'm told, is not the black rubber one, but is the same color as the rest of the car.
What actually came stock with the '03 GT Turbo and what is upgraded on it?
The reason I ask is that I saw another GT and it didn't have any chrome at all, and except for the GT badge on the back, looked just like any other PT cruiser.
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 12:23 pm
Senior Cruiser

I'm pretty sure all that chrome stuff is after-market.

As for the 'trim', your trim is a 'GT'.

Color matched bumpers were standard, 17" wheels, 2.4 turbo charged motor, and a few other things.

2003 was the one year where you could get a stripped down PT GT (meaning cloth seats, no sunroof, etc.) which was an excellent candidate for having a 'light-weight' PT.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 09:25 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Information found in Cruiser Quarterly Magazine, Vol 2 #2, Summer 2002, page 80 and from the book "PT Cruiser, Chrysler's classic design foe a modern age" by Robert Ackerson, 2007, pgs 101-105.

The 2003 trim levels were base, touring. limited and GT. 2003 is the year that Chrysler released the chrome package. It was not available for the GT.
The auto-stick was standard as the GT auto transmission. The GT did get a chrome exhaust tip.

Your car apparently has the CPOS 'R' customer preferred ordering system package that included moon roof, leather seats, 17" chromed aluminum wheels, power height driver's seat, side air bags.