Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By StephenLPhillips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Sep 2012, 06:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question UK PT cruiser upgrade - seat swap

HI

I'm new here so apologies if I do bad.

I ordered a PTC in 1999 for their arrival here in 2000 and still own it, but it is getting old - cooling problems (common?)

Thinking to buy a new one I was horrified to find they were discontinued in 2007.

But on the plus side they are very cheap 2/h so I will upgrade instead. (anyone got one to sell - as new and low miles as poss)

There is a local garage with a tidy looking 2005 2.4 petrol 67k miles, but it is low spec - present one is a Ltd with leather seats, cruise control, etc.

I will scrap present one or keep for spares. Anyone know how compatible they will be? Can I swap seats? Wheels (different rim sizes but tyres make uo I think? Cruise control?

The one on offer's driver seat height adjustment does not work. Critical as OH ifs 5ft and I 6ft+. Power gets there but motor not turn even shorting switch. Is this common/easy?

Anything else I should think of?

Thanks in advance

Steve

PS Are there many UK members here?
jake1939 likes this.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 11:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: UK PT cruiser upgrade - seat swap

i guess i dont know where you are at but they made the PT till 2010
also it came out in mid 2000 but i belive is titled as a 2001

over in the USA they changed the PT in 2006 so some things will fit a 2001-2005 and other will fit a 2006-2010

you all ahve diffrent motors so no idea on that part

tires and wheel were from 15 steeles to the 16 nice chrome ones and i have read guys going to like 17"3 maybe ever 20's
the bolt patter will be the same on all Pts
Old 25 Sep 2012, 03:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenLPhillips View Post
HI

I'm new here so apologies if I do bad.

I ordered a PTC in 1999 for their arrival here in 2000 and still own it, but it is getting old - cooling problems (common?)

Thinking to buy a new one I was horrified to find they were discontinued in 2007.

But on the plus side they are very cheap 2/h so I will upgrade instead. (anyone got one to sell - as new and low miles as poss)

There is a local garage with a tidy looking 2005 2.4 petrol 67k miles, but it is low spec - present one is a Ltd with leather seats, cruise control, etc.

I will scrap present one or keep for spares. Anyone know how compatible they will be? Can I swap seats? Wheels (different rim sizes but tyres make uo I think? Cruise control?

The one on offer's driver seat height adjustment does not work. Critical as OH ifs 5ft and I 6ft+. Power gets there but motor not turn even shorting switch. Is this common/easy?

Anything else I should think of?

Thanks in advance

Steve

PS Are there many UK members here?
Saw one yesterday on craigslist South Dakota. 2001 red with 156 miles on it. It was a dealer and you have to call for the price. We all know what that means. Big bucks.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 04:33 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1939 View Post
Saw one yesterday on craigslist South Dakota. 2001 red with 156 miles on it. It was a dealer and you have to call for the price. We all know what that means. Big bucks.

jake1939, you want to talk about big bucks, the shipping to him in the UK (United Kingdom) would REALLY hurt. Read his post thoroughly.

Jerry
Old 25 Sep 2012, 04:35 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

He's in the UK so that one'sw not gonna work for him. I keep cars forever myself, I just add more.

I understand gas is very expensive over there and the 2.4 is aww, mpg challeneged! So bear that in mind!
Old 16 Dec 2012, 11:53 am
Fresh Cruiser

Just come back to the board as I have finally bought a 2005 Red 2.4 - only done 14k miles. Cost me 2000. That's 3200 declining dollars.

Petrol (Gas) here is about US$8/US gallon.

Think I missed the later replies - is there an email option on the board?

As well as shipping costs I think the US cars have the steering wheel on the wrong side?

Unless supplied to the Post Office?