Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Car thinks door(s) are open!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Oct 2012, 08:16 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Car thinks door(s) are open!

This just happened driving home in the rain last night. It was really distracting and made it that much harder to see in the rain!

The car just started to ding like a door was open and turn on the internal light, while I was driving on the highway. It was doing it with a break between - like it would ding, the light turn on, then dim, and then happen again.

5 minutes later - the light just stayed on. If I hadn't turned the light off completely with the switch on the MFS - it would have stayed on all night.

Above the odometer - it says "Door". I unlocked and checked them all last night and this morning...

Seems like an electrical short of some sort. Any ideas where I should check? It was raining pretty hard last night.
Old 02 Oct 2012, 11:51 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Car thinks door(s) are open!

try opening and closing the hatch. if i don't slam my 2001, i get similar issues. i tried adjusting the striker, but no go.
Old 02 Oct 2012, 12:01 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soyomb View Post
try opening and closing the hatch. if i don't slam my 2001, i get similar issues. i tried adjusting the striker, but no go.
I'll try that again after work, but I did open and close all doors and the hatch last night and this morning.
Old 02 Oct 2012, 06:09 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelikestobike View Post
I'll try that again after work, but I did open and close all doors and the hatch last night and this morning.
Must be related to my (slightly) leaky windshield and some water getting on the MFS. Was POURING last night. Dry today. So after sitting out all day at work, everything is fine, like it never happened.