Advertisements
Been away, here's my contact info

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Chromenut

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Oct 2012, 07:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Been away, here's my contact info

Hey there my "other" family members! My apologies to those of you who have been looking for me. I've been out between work and suffering with Norovirus, so haven't had 5 minutes free to visit here, my 'home away from home'.

So, if you are posting anything here on the forums directed at me, I don't get notified of it and when I get on, like today, and look at unread messages, there were literally 15 pages of them, so I just marked all new messages as read. I don't have the time to go through 15 pages of posts to try and help out.

So, if you are wanting to contact me directly, here is my email address (and yes, remove the spaces from it or it won't work): ptcruiser at hugginsnet.com (if you can't figure out how to convert that to a working email address, then you shouldn't be trying to fix your PT yourself! lol).

Now, one thing I have to tell you all - yes, I have an extensive library in PDF format that I have collected over the years. I'm working on a project right now that I'll detail below in a bit, but I'm constantly getting PM's from new members asking about OEM Service Manuals.

I do have a 'limited release' license on these. However, I DO NOT SHARE THEM WITH NEWBIES WHO ARE NOT PARTICIPATING ON OUR FORUMS! I do make what I have available to forum members, but if you're not participating here, I'm not sharing with you. I don't charge for all this data I've collected over the years, I make it free to our active members. However, I'm no longer going to make anything available on my private web library to anyone who isn't an active member. I'M HERE TO SUPPORT YOU ALL! And in return, I ask that you join in on our discussions, that you participate here on our forums, even if it's just to ask simple questions. If you are not active, don't waste your time sending me PM's and/or emails. First thing I do when I get email or PM is hop on the site and look at your participation level. I look to see if you've posted photos of your PT in your gallery, etc.

Mind you, if it's a lady, well I'm too darned silly with women to say no, but I would prefer, male or female, that you at least post a "howdy" thread to introduce yourself and add in some pics of your PT.

So, for everyone, going forward I'm not going to accept requests for access to my web library unless you are actively involved in our 'extended family' here. That's my own personal rule, if you don't like it, too darned bad. I try to be helpful, but in return all that I ask is that you also try to be helpful!!!

So, on to my new project - one that's really got me freaked out. To date, I've collected literally hundreds, and maybe even thousands, of posted issues online about the PT Cruiser, along with the advice given for corrective actions. What I'm doing is publishing in PDF format a copy of this ginormous collection. Why? Well, let's say you have a problem with your steering wheel - yes, post your issues and questions here, but also you can search for "steering" in my pdf document and look at how many other issues similar to yours have been published and what kind of advice has been given for corrective actions.

Now, my project does NOT include any posts on these forums - you can search these forums yourself to find advice. Mine come from all over the planet, hundreds of sites like eHow.com, justanswer.com, fixya.com, etc. I'm up to 451 pages so far and not even half finished. Soon as I'm done with this project I'll post a thread about it and a download link where anyone and everyone can download this file. My hope is that it'll be helpful for you in answering your questions.

So, I'm on tonight but tomorrow morning have to fix one headlight, both tail lights and change my oil, then drive back to Raleigh to prep for work on Monday, so won't be on for a few days.

Again, miss y'all, wish I had more free time, but right now until around Thanksgiving I'm going to be busy as a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest!