Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Power Steering Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Oct 2012, 10:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Power Steering Issues

So as I posted last week, I got into a slight fenderbender. The shop relaced the radiator, the turbo intercooler, some radiator supports, and just pulled everything back into place. I picked the car up this afternoon. I drove to my parents home, hung out there, then drove to my friends house and went in for dinner. After dinner I noticed a large puddle in front of my vehicle on the passenger side. After analyzing it, I was sure it wasn't tranny fluid, oil, or antifreeze so I checked the little bottle and it was empty. I poured some in, took off and I was fine. I was on the highway for 30 minutes and when I tried to take the exit ramp, power steering was gone and it was dang-near impossible to steer. I bought a bottle, poured it in, and got back on the highway, knowing there wasn't much I could do about it. When I finally got home two hours later, it was again almost impossible to steer. I somehow got parked at home and popped the hood. The area all around where you put power steering fluid in is wet, and underneath I can see it dripping all around. It almost appears its coming out from where I screw the top on. I just spent a hefty sum fixing the car, so I was just hoping someone had an idea on what I could do to fix this, or what may be causing it.
Old 08 Oct 2012, 08:29 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Power Steering Issues

It's possible the bottle is cracked from the axedent. Wipe things down as much as you can and fill it and start it with a friend turning the wheel to see the leak.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 08 Oct 2012, 02:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Power Steering Issues

Maybe as simple as a power steering hose not put on properly.

Tags
power, powersteering, pump, steering