Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Lights pulsing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Oct 2012, 07:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Lights pulsing

I have an 03 PT Cruiser Gt, with 160K miles. I changed the battery two days ago and now when I start the car all of the lights, interior and exterior, pulse for about a minute. It also seems to stop because I have come to a full stop. The lights never go off, just pulse. If anyone has any clues I'd appreciate them.
Old 08 Oct 2012, 07:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Lights pulsing

Sounds to me like you've got some connection problems. You need to look at both positive and negative leads between ground and the battery, between the alternator and the battery. You should also crank your stereo loud at night and see if the base thumps along with the lights dimming. This is a sign that you need to do the "Big Three" modification - that is replacing your leads with new ones of larger size. You can find more info on that by going to our PT library, it's the link in my signature block below. There's a document there with instructions on the Big 3.
Old 08 Oct 2012, 07:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

You mentioned the ground wire, and now that you say it the ground wire on my hood is cut. I will replace that, and read the document you mentioned.
Old 09 Dec 2012, 04:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

With the earlier night here, I've found my lights flashing again. They do not change with the bass of the radio though. I've cleaned all ground connections and battery terminals. I do know my multi function switch is bad and I'm wondering if anyone thinks that might be the problem. Any other thoughts are welcomed.
Old 09 Dec 2012, 05:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strilla View Post
I do know my multi function switch is bad and I'm wondering if anyone thinks that might be the problem.

I do, I do.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.