PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Removed starter relay, Now Pt cruiser Cranks but wont start!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Oct 2012, 12:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Removed starter relay, Now Pt cruiser Cranks but wont start!!

So I bought this at an auction yesterday, it has 58k miles on it and it has the 2.4L turbo engine with an automatic trans. It needed to get a jump start before it came on for bidding and it needed to be jumped twice more after I bought it to get it out on the parking lot. So after the last jump I drove it about two miles and it drove fine, I parked it, turned it off and realized I had to go get something to cut the cable that has the keys attached around the steering wheel (this is what they do at auctions) so since it was in a bit of a sketch area I decided to take out the starter relay to make sure the car will be there when I get back since the keys were just dangling around the steering wheel.

I come back, cut the cable put relay back in, now the car cranks but wont start. I get no spark but can hear the pump priming... what gives! Did I put the car in a security mode of some kind by removing the relay without disconnecting the battery?

Any help appreciated,
Old 13 Oct 2012, 02:36 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Removed starter relay, Now Pt cruiser Cranks but wont start!!

Make sure you didn't disturb any of the other relays particularily the ASD relay when you removed and replaced the starter relay.
Old 13 Oct 2012, 11:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Removed starter relay, Now Pt cruiser Cranks but wont start!!

thanks for the reply, it was the two key fobs that were attached to the keys. I tried them both to see if they work and apparently you arent supposed to do that. So left one at home and only used one and it started right up. after a $100 tow though!! Hope this helps someone out there.