PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Dash codes--not the usual OBD codes--help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Dec 2012, 03:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Dash codes--not the usual OBD codes--help!

Hi, all

I recently came into possession of a 2005 PT non-turbo with 88,000 miles on it. I have replaced two tires and the front brakes (everything), plugs (Autolite platinum), plug wires (MSD 8.5 mm.) Has a new battery and air filter. It recently started bogging down and stalled twice at a stop sign--wasn't fully warmed up, but was running for a while so not cold either. I did a throttle body cleaning today as well.

I did the dashboard trick to bring up the codes and got one I've never seen before--doesn't look like a typical OBD code: 5of 5.7 or maybe Sof 5.7. (Kind of hard to read.)

Does anyone have an idea what this code is or what it signifies? I have a code reader but it returned PASS--no codes.

Thanks for the help and the great forum!

Chitowncruiser
Old 03 Dec 2012, 04:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Dash codes--not the usual OBD codes--help!

If you do the key dance correctly and there's no codes, it will read "done". I've never seen the numbers your posting. Read over the link below and try again.

How to retrieve fault codes.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 03 Dec 2012, 05:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

think about your cat it could be plugged
Old 03 Dec 2012, 06:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hi, guys--thanks for the replies

Crewzin--I have "done the dance" enough times to have it figured out. I did it 3 times over a span of an hour with the same results. I even called the friendly, local Chrysler dealer and the service dep't had no ideas either. Incidentally, I drove the car for a half hour and rechecked and all is normal now--comes up as "done". Go figure.

Cruser--by "cat" are you referring to the catalytic converter? Jeez, I hope I don't have to replace that yet...just got through with that on my Nissan--it has 3 converters!

Thanks again, guys--maybe it was just a (multiple repeat) fluke...
Old 13 Jan 2013, 10:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Thanks for posting that link. I didn't know you could do that without a code reader. I was wondering what the poster meant by "dashboard trick." Now I know... Out to the car again...
Old 01 Mar 2013, 11:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for posting this. Will be helpful in the morning for my husband to figure out what is wrong with the car. I've learned a lot more about PT cruisers just from reading all the helpful posts.