PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
ATTENTION ALL UNREGISTERED GUESTS ***PLEASE READ THIS!!!!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Dec 2012, 10:23 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default ATTENTION ALL UNREGISTERED GUESTS ***PLEASE READ THIS!!!!

We desperately need your help! We love having you as our guest, but would love to be able to show you more of our site by you registering as a member. NO FEES, NO UNWANTED EMAILS, NO HASSEL'S OF ANY KIND! Even if you decide not to post, we still would love to have you. And if you do, just go to the new members section and introduce yourself. We love stock PTs as much as modded ones. So please come and join us!!!

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 07 Dec 2012, 10:38 am
Banned

Question Re: ATTENTION ALL UNREGISTERED GUESTS ***PLEASE READ THIS!!!!

Is the site closing? What's the desperation?
Old 07 Dec 2012, 10:51 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: ATTENTION ALL UNREGISTERED GUESTS ***PLEASE READ THIS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
Is not closing but a lot of us are leaving
niel likes this.
Old 07 Dec 2012, 10:57 am
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: ATTENTION ALL UNREGISTERED GUESTS ***PLEASE READ THIS!!!!

i'll stay till my toes curl up,and there throwing dirt on top of me
Busted_PT likes this.
Old 07 Dec 2012, 11:02 am
Senior Cruiser

i'm here til they pry my keys from my cold, dead hands. oh, wait, that's guns, isn't it?

SAME THING as far as i'm concerned.
Old 07 Dec 2012, 11:13 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The post count for unregistered guests has always been and always will be 3 times the number of registered members. Don't know why but my feeling is that people aren't into forums but will look up things on the internet to get answers and poke around to see what's up.

As far as people coming and people going, it's a never ending circle. We have a dedicated core of people that will be around as long as they own their cruisers, some even stay when the PT is gone. Others hang around for 6 months, a year or more, then get fed up of some of the things that happen on the site or don't like the new crop of members that join. We all change our minds once in awhile and being a member here is the same as anything else.

We appreciate anyone who joins and adds to the wealth of information on the forum and helps out the ones who are here just to get answers and then leaves. I wish everyone would introduce themselves and be part of the forum but it's not gonna happen. Lots of owners just looking for answers

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 07 Dec 2012, 11:39 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
Thank you Busa for your usual warm and welcoming comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrmDC2 View Post
Is not closing but a lot of us are leaving
Yes people do come and go from time to time. Fresh blood is a wonderful thing. Sometimes people like to be a part of a big family, sometime people would rather be a big fish in a small pond. As long as everyone is happy it's all good.

I for one really try to enjoy finding new friends on here. Like any sight, they come and go. Some just waiting for a invitation. So here it is come on in. Other wise Busa is going to spoil us with his warm affection.
mityqwik and XtrmDC2 like this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 07 Dec 2012, 11:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I think it is a ratio of guest to members. This forum has the highest guest viewing I have ever seen on the many forums over the years I have participated on. If you examine what is being viewed most are the mechanical threads to solve problems, concerns and issues with the PT.
As for many members leaving I doubt that to be so much the case, however if a couple do go it will have little to no impact on the forum. There absence and participation to the forum will easily get filled with new members joining regularly. Member's leaving a forum, it happens and has been my observation that more then likely they will still pop in occasionally seemingly to carrying a self proclaimed celebrity status.
Less active members follow a log in curve that seems to follow with the seasons. The winter months are lower where the summer months higher. Common sense why this happens because not many work on their cars in the cold winter months unless they have to. And there are less group activities like CAR shows and events during those months. I have talked with Carey aka CREWZIN about the guest count and he even admits not knowing why it is that way here but it has always been that way.
Here in my city I have met no less then a dozen PT owners and none of them are on any boards, even knew a PT forum existed and some have had their PT's since 2002 new. Now by word of mouth some of them may join the fun here? This forum of all the PT informational portals is the most diverse and complete among them all and is also one if not the oldest PT forum? It will as far a see it continue to grow for several more years even though popularity of the PT peaked a few years ago.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 07 Dec 2012, 12:25 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Thank you Busa for your usual warm and welcoming comments.

Yes people do come and go from time to time. Fresh blood is a wonderful thing. Sometimes people like to be a part of a big family, sometime people would rather be a big fish in a small pond. As long as everyone is happy it's all good.

I for one really try to enjoy finding new friends on here. Like any sight, they come and go. Some just waiting for a invitation. So here it is come on in. Other wise Busa is going to spoil us with his warm affection.
Exactly, IMO I'd rather be with a group of friends that I almost consider family
quicksilverdon and niel like this.
Old 07 Dec 2012, 12:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrmDC2 View Post
Exactly, IMO I'd rather be with a group of friends that I almost consider family
Hey bros. even family members get into scrabbles but they let it go and continue to be family. As it should be with forum friends!

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN