Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Holiday Parade

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Dec 2012, 09:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Holiday Parade

MOPAR car club was part of the Holiday parade in one of the local towns today. Overcast but warm.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 08 Dec 2012, 10:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Holiday Parade

Hey CREWZIN, What grille is on your PT, and is it still available?

I am at odds on what to get. I really just want chrome on the horizontal bars not the verticals.
Red tint tails, chrome trimmed grille, custom towel rack buttonless flamed shifter, auto dimming rear view, Homelink remote transmitter, driver seat drawer, MOPAR sub, lowered 1" rear, MOPAR/Borla dual tipped exhaust, chrome trimmed GT gauge/airbag surround, front 35% tint, and the ever so important Fuzzy Dice
Old 08 Dec 2012, 10:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

Nice Parade by the way.
Red tint tails, chrome trimmed grille, custom towel rack buttonless flamed shifter, auto dimming rear view, Homelink remote transmitter, driver seat drawer, MOPAR sub, lowered 1" rear, MOPAR/Borla dual tipped exhaust, chrome trimmed GT gauge/airbag surround, front 35% tint, and the ever so important Fuzzy Dice
Old 08 Dec 2012, 10:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

That's the OEM grill that cam on every cruiser. The vertical bars are blacked out and chrome strips on the horizontal bars.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 08 Dec 2012, 10:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

Was it some sort of package offered in the day? I see very few early PT's with that look, usually just body color, like mine.
Old 08 Dec 2012, 10:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

BUT...you already have a dark colored grill so I don't think it would work.

It's a kit from Streamline Design. Here's the website.

PT Cruiser Grille Blackout Kit: StreamlineDesign.com | Get Graphic With Us!

The chrome grill strips were bought on eBay by one of many people offering the pre-cut strips.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 08 Dec 2012 at 10:54 pm.
Old 08 Dec 2012, 10:48 pm
Cool Cruiser

I thought the chrome was OEM. I was wondering how those E-Bay strips looked.

I obviously don't need the blackout kit. the strips look good.

I'm sure you have to take your time putting them on to keep straight.

Are they better than the usual chrome strips offered for chrome trim on cars, like being contoured to fit the curvature of the leading edge of the horizontals.
Old 08 Dec 2012, 11:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

No they are straight strips and I cut the ends at the angle that needed to look like it belonged there. Didn't always work, but not bad.

Yes, you have to take your time but they are "U" shaped and fit right onto the edge s it's not too hard. Same kind of chrome that they sell for door edges but enough strips to covers all the horizontal bars.

Here's one eBay seller......

2000 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Chrome Trim for Upper Lower Grill Grille 5yr Wrnty | eBay

Old 08 Dec 2012, 11:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

I was also thinking of the same overlay as ROCKETMAN has on his PT, only blacking out the horizontals.

I did not know there was a kit already offered, I was going to buy some black vinyl and make my own.

I just hope they are fairly durable, we have those things called "4 seasons" complete with salt for the roads during the snowy version of the 4