PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Am I crazy?

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Dec 2012, 12:57 am
Banned

Question Am I crazy?

I am getting a plan in place to slow down the miles on my GT.

I already have a beater I drive to and from work (25 miles one way) and have a bike for the need for speed.

I have my Cruiser set up exactly the way I want it, minus the teazer front end.

I figure 125 miles a month is adequate for "cruising" which would put me at 1500 miles a year. I am 40 so the pt could numerically be along for a long long time on the original motor.

I like to read the old posts. I look at their first post and then their last, some say they bought something else or They just disappeared. It is usually stated that it cost too much to repair it, they need something larger, or something along those lines.

I am just trying to find a balance between enjoying My pt and keeping it around for a long time. It is a pleasure vehicle for me, not a everyday driver,

Anyone else have a plan, cause it seems from what i have read, once a repair gets high enough the pt gets sent away

Last edited by Busa_Powered; 09 Dec 2012 at 12:59 am. Reason: Subject/verb agreement
Old 09 Dec 2012, 01:05 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Am I crazy?

I just can't wait to see the comments you are going to get just from the title of your post.

FEBRUARY CRUISER OF THE MONTH
Old 09 Dec 2012, 01:09 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmoretoys View Post
I just can't wait to see the comments you are going to get just from the title of your post.
like "if you have to ask........" lol
Old 09 Dec 2012, 01:53 am
Cool Cruiser

At the rate you have planned the PT might out live you! Kael plans to drive our PT when he gets his license in about 12 years. As long as parts are available, I don't see any repair beyond a total, preventing that from happening.

With repairs we made to save the "bucket" from the salvage yard, it should be good for at least another 100,000 miles with minor repairs and regular maintenance. It may very well out live me. An easier task, I have 14 years on you!

Ron
Busted_PT likes this.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical Minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a Turd by the clean end". (R.J. Wiedemann Lt.Col. USMC Ret)
Old 09 Dec 2012, 02:21 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to niel

Yes you can!.... I have a 1960 Ford Falcon and only has one engine rebuild from the 60, it was in the year 2001, so! it last 41 years, the original owner take care of it and rove it a little, no he is dead and the car still running so keep up with your plan it will be nice to see that you have it at the end

Daniel
Old 09 Dec 2012, 03:08 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Drive it as much as you can. Why put the clear plastic furniture covers for the next owner to enjoy them!

As nice as PT's are one thing they are not in is short supply , at least for another 10 years. So if something were to happen to yours you could replace it with another.
Have fun with it!

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 09 Dec 2012 at 03:10 am.
Old 09 Dec 2012, 06:16 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I don't understand your point

There are PT 's going 350.000 km's and up here in Europe. It's all about maintenance. And stuff will even break without driving. My PT only has 80.000 km on it and even mine allready has a worn out power steering pump and the seal of the AC pump is broken too which leads to coolant leakage and therefore no AC in my car.

So it has not much to do with the mileage, but a lot with age.

So yes, you are crazy
Installed Mopar sub !
Old 09 Dec 2012, 01:01 pm
Cool Cruiser

My thoughts are Why let it sit . Driving keeps everything Lubed .if something Breaks you Fix it , don't Baby it . I have a 2003 GT With ,stage 1,New Paint job(nothing wrong with old Paint wanted new color) ,70 shot NOS Direct port system ,18 in wheels, .and almost 120, miles on it . I'm 71 & still drive like I stole it all the time. My 2008 solstice only has 28,465 miles on it ,my wife drives a 1996 G/C Jeep that has 217,+ miles on it .All (3) are driven all the time ,Jeep 52 weeks a year,Sol & PT at least 3 times a week w/trips .SO I say Drive it and if Chit happens you fix it and Drive it some More,.
Old 09 Dec 2012, 01:26 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by fy9-03pt View Post
My thoughts are Why let it sit . Driving keeps everything Lubed .if something Breaks you Fix it , don't Baby it . I have a 2003 GT With ,stage 1,New Paint job(nothing wrong with old Paint wanted new color) ,70 shot NOS Direct port system ,18 in wheels, .and almost 120, miles on it . I'm 71 & still drive like I stole it all the time. My 2008 solstice only has 28,465 miles on it ,my wife drives a 1996 G/C Jeep that has 217,+ miles on it .All (3) are driven all the time ,Jeep 52 weeks a year,Sol & PT at least 3 times a week w/trips .SO I say Drive it and if Chit happens you fix it and Drive it some More,.
Look at Barret Jackson. Just keep rebuilding it. As long as the body is good the rest can be replaced. You can take care of it, and enjoy it to.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 09 Dec 2012, 09:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Talking Re: Am I crazy?

In short....."YES"....you are crazy.

Why would one not have a plan to die at the same time as the Cruiser, and be burried IN IT???!!!!
Busted_PT likes this.

2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!