Advertisements
Question to '06 - '10 First Time Owners

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Busted_PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Dec 2012, 08:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Question Question to '06 - '10 First Time Owners

This question goes out to anyone here who is the first owner of a PT Cruiser - 2006-2010, regarding Lifetime Drivetrain Warranties.

So, if you are the first owner of your PT, meaning you bought it new, then did you get a guarantee for Lifetime Drivetrain Warranty? Most 2006 models may not have been given the opportunity for this unless you bought your PT in 2007. And the warranty was squelched by Chrysler about halfway through 2010 so that may impact 2010 Owners.

Just curious how many people here have that warranty? Me, I forgot all about it until my wife mentioned it to me and when I went back to my friend's dealership, we found that two of the projects on my car should have been covered under warranty. Wow, getting over $1200 back!!!! Hot dayum!

So, if you purchased your PT in the years indicated in the subject line, you need to ask your dealership to check your VIN number to see if it qualifies for the Lifetime Drivetrain Warranty. And to those who purchased your PT second-hand, NO. The person who purchased a PT model in the years listed, as the second owner, was authorized a 3 year, 36k mile warranty instead of the Lifetime warranty. That lifetime warranty is NOT transferable, so I'm friggin happy as a clam at the moment since I've blown the heck out of my PT this month.

Anyway, for some of you this may be of interest, and if not, then don't fall asleep reading this, just go onto another thread...hahahaha....

Last edited by Chromenut; 10 Dec 2012 at 09:06 pm.
Old 10 Dec 2012, 09:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Question to '06 - '10 First Time Owners

Just curious why a dealership that sold these things didn't bring this to your attention? Thank goodness for good wives.
Chromenut likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 11 Dec 2012, 05:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I asked the owner of the dealership - here's the deal, and this is why I raised this question - CHRYSLER, not the dealership, offered that warranty! When you go into the dealership, if they don't run your VIN number through the warranty process to find out if it's covered, then they won't even know!!!

So anyone owning a vehicle in this age range, anyone that's the original owner, if you have ANY drivetrain problems you should ask your dealership to run the VIN number and see if you fall under this warranty!!!

If my wife hadn't mentioned it to me, and I hadn't asked, I'd really be bummed. I had already sat down with Jack, the owner, and asked if we could make a deal on breaking this up into payments. I'm currently unemployed and so broke that we're close to being out on the street, so finding out this information was a true joy in my sad little life!!!
Old 11 Dec 2012, 06:52 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Can only speek for myself, but when I stole ( I mean bought) my Cruiser in 09 it was noted on the window sticker which I kept. The dealer also gave me all the warranty papers for the 36K warranty and the Lifetime power train warranty. Anyone that has the lifetime power train warranty should read the specifics about what must be done to keep the warranty from expiring. I don't remember all the details, but I do know that you are required to take your car in every so often for an inspection. If you fail to do this you loose the lifetime power train warranty.

Would be a shame if your car has the warranty and was lost because you didn't comply with the warranty requirement. You should really read the fine print. Just saying.......................

2008 Touring -9050 miles (Cash for Clunkers trade-in)
2008 Miata MX5 Vert. 30000 Mi
2000 Astro Con. Van. 58000 Mi (One owner)
2005 HD Sporster 1200, 8000 Mi
Old 12 Dec 2012, 10:19 am
Obsessed Cruiser

on y wifes KIA to get the lifetrqain warenty they have4 to do all the service at the times they say to so in reality its not free you spend a lot of bucks on what they say needs done and they take the ability out of my hands to even do a simple oil change or break job
Old 12 Dec 2012, 05:28 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

For the record, it's a powertrain warranty, not drivetrain.

While it's true that you have to do all the scheduled maintance on time, you don't have to do it at the dealer. You can do your own maintance, or take the car anywhere you want. Consumers are protected by law against car makers forcing them to use their own service centers to prevent warranties from expiring. All your required to do is keep reciepts and service records if you don't use the dealer, to show the services have been done.

There was no lifetime powertrain warranty in 2010. I purchased mine in February 2010 with a 5 year/100k mile powertrain warranty.
Old 22 May 2013, 11:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

You are supposed to take it in for inspection every 5 years to maintain the warranty. Has anyone done this yet? Straightforward or any dealer shenanigans? I'm due to take mine in next year.
Old 24 May 2013, 03:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

My brother has an 08 Magnum with the Hemi, and he drives it like he stole it.

He recently got a letter in the mail that stated the dealer has to inspect the powertrain to keep his Lifetime warranty valid.

So off comes the Nitrous (mid 13's in the quarter) and all the goodies that go with it.

You gotta do what you gotta do I guess.

Of course it all goes back on, once they are done with it.
Red tint tails, chrome trimmed grille, custom towel rack buttonless flamed shifter, auto dimming rear view, Homelink remote transmitter, driver seat drawer, MOPAR sub, lowered 1" rear, MOPAR/Borla dual tipped exhaust, chrome trimmed GT gauge/airbag surround, front 35% tint, and the ever so important Fuzzy Dice
Old 25 May 2013, 12:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yepper, mine was inspected last year.