PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Front fog lights wont work

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Dec 2012, 09:20 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Front fog lights wont work

Hi all,
I am new to the site so if i am posting in the wrong place let me know and i'll try to put it in the right place.

I have a 2002 PT cruiser Touring and i cant get the front fog lights to work. When i bought the car a few months ago the battery kept going dead over night. after doing some reaearch i found that people were saying its the front fog lights. so i pulled the fuse out. the rear fog light worked fine but now i dont have the fuse in it doesnt work. which is okay with me but i cant get the front ones to work. I have checked the bulbs are they are both clean and unbroken. i have followed the cables as far up into the car as i can from underneath and cant see any damage. Any ideas on why they wont work or what i can do to fix/diagnose the problem?

Thanks
Old 14 Dec 2012, 09:41 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Front fog lights wont work

I don't know what rear fog light you are talking about as they don't have any fog lights the back.

If you pulled the fuse for the fog lights then they won't work until you put the fuse back in. The fuse for the front fog lights is fuse #8. The problem is the multi-function switch.

When it goes bad the fogs will stay on all the time. There is a sticky on here showing how to fix the switch or you can just buy a replacement.
Old 14 Dec 2012, 10:29 am
Obsessed Cruiser

M ulti fuction switch
Old 14 Dec 2012, 11:56 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for getting back to me. Mine has a rear fog light on the drivers side (right hand side). I pulled the only fuse that mine has for fog lights, I can't remember what number it is under the bonnet. Even with the fuse in the front fog lights still won't work. I'm reluctant to spend the money on a new switch unless I know that's the definite solution as it still turns the red one on and off fine. The front ones never come on, they just drain the battery without working.

Cheers.
Old 14 Dec 2012, 12:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

All overseas PT's have the rear fog light (red) as the U.S. models do not. The overseas PT's do have the same problems that everybody has with the multi-function switch as I see it all the time on the United Kingdom PT site, so it's a good bet that the switch is your problem.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 31 Dec 2012, 12:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hi, sorry for the delay in reply.
Thanks for your help, I shall look into getting a new switch.
cheers

Tags
fog, front, lights, work