PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Any members near Glen Allen and/or Richmond, VA?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Dec 2012, 11:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Question Any members near Glen Allen and/or Richmond, VA?

Okay, first just got my baby PT back today, blew out the rear main seal and thank goodness she was under warranty as it would have cost me an arm and a leg for that.

Second, today I accepted a position working with AT&T Wireless up in Glen Allen, VA. Now I live in Mooresville, NC, on Lake Norman, and both my wife and I have this as our retirement home - right on the water, big ole boat sitting there at the dock. Also, with my 11 year old daughter being only 20 to 25 minutes away from her heart surgeon, there is just no way I'm moving my family.

So even though I've taken a position 4.5 hours from my home, it's not a big deal. I've been traveling professionally for the last 32 years, so it's nothing new for me to be away from home. Good thing is I can leave Friday afternoons and come home for the weekend and go back up there Sunday evenings.

Now the reason for this posting is to find out if any of our members in that area have some place they can suggest that I should go to rent. Apartment, house with roommate, whatever. The main thing is I'm trying to stay under $500/month.

So, my friends and extended family here - do any of you have any suggestions???

Even if you don't and you live in that area, please let me know so that we can do a 'meet and greet' up there. I always enjoy meeting other PT owners in person!!!

Lastly, my best wishes to you all - I hope you all have a very happy holiday season!!!

Oh, picture of me if you want to see what a big ole boy from Tejas looks like - and yes, this is off of my photog web site where all my other partners in crime post their silliness....

And this was my ID photo from work (omg looks so gay to me!)...

Last edited by Chromenut; 19 Dec 2012 at 11:48 pm.
Old 20 Dec 2012, 12:00 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Any members near Glen Allen and/or Richmond, VA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Okay, first just got my baby PT back today, blew out the rear main seal and thank goodness she was under warranty as it would have cost me an arm and a leg for that.

Second, today I accepted a position working with AT&T Wireless up in Glen Allen, VA. Now I live in Mooresville, NC, on Lake Norman, and both my wife and I have this as our retirement home - right on the water, big ole boat sitting there at the dock. Also, with my 11 year old daughter being only 20 to 25 minutes away from her heart surgeon, there is just no way I'm moving my family.

So even though I've taken a position 4.5 hours from my home, it's not a big deal. I've been traveling professionally for the last 32 years, so it's nothing new for me to be away from home. Good thing is I can leave Friday afternoons and come home for the weekend and go back up there Sunday evenings.

Now the reason for this posting is to find out if any of our members in that area have some place they can suggest that I should go to rent. Apartment, house with roommate, whatever. The main thing is I'm trying to stay under $500/month.

Even if you don't and you live in that area, please let me know so that we can do a 'meet and greet' up there. I always enjoy meeting other PT owners in person!!!

Lastly, my best wishes to you all - I hope you all have a very happy holiday season!!!

Oh, picture of me if you want to see what a big ole boy from Tejas looks like - and yes, this is off of my photog web site where all my other partners in crime post their silliness....

No picture came up.

FEBRUARY CRUISER OF THE MONTH
Old 20 Dec 2012, 09:01 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post

There are times when one has to say to oneself leave it be! I had such a moment!

Good luck with the new job and apartment hunting.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 20 Dec 2012, 11:34 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Robin,

Wish my son was closer to that area. He's about 100 miles southwest of Allen Glen in Midlothian Va. I'll be up there by tomorrow afternoon visiting the Grandkids for the Holidays.

I did a search on Google for "places to rent around Allen Glen Virginia" and there were plenty of responses so you might want to try that.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 20 Dec 2012, 06:34 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Wish I could help, but I'm about 2 hours from Richmond in Central Virginia.

2008 Touring -9050 miles (Cash for Clunkers trade-in)
2008 Miata MX5 Vert. 30000 Mi
2000 Astro Con. Van. 58000 Mi (One owner)
2005 HD Sporster 1200, 8000 Mi
Old 20 Dec 2012, 07:55 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Any members near Glen Allen and/or Richmond, VA?

robin i was just up in glen allen yesterday and im going back to drop some equipment off from my job in newport news next month .there are a few apt. i see that i pass that advertise that they have vacancy .sorry im not that much help i dont stay any longer than i have to when i am up there, plus i follow my gps there and back
Old 20 Dec 2012, 09:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

You guys aren't going to believe this - I posted an add on Craig's List stating I was looking for an apartment or roommate and I've had quite a few emails and phone calls. Today I was on the phone for over an hour with this gorgeous 28 year old Veterinarian, looks like I'll be renting from her! She's already teased me about making sure I sleep in my bedroom and not hers! OMG LMAO!

Her house is, no joke, about 6 minutes from my office and my rent, which is all inclusive (except it doesn't include her), is $500/month. Heck that's a third of what the hotel was going to cost me for a month, so friggin fabulous! Now just hope everything works out.

Mity, when will you be coming up? How long will you stay, or just dropping by and hitting the road again???
Old 20 Dec 2012, 10:20 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Any members near Glen Allen and/or Richmond, VA?

since your just up the road ill pay you a visit .

pm sent