PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Soon to be new owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Dec 2012, 03:35 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Soon to be new owner

Greetings to everyone!

I am entering the market for a PTC and thought I better sign up here. I'm looking to get one for my mom (she has always wanted one). Maybe I can tap into the vast knowledge and experience contained herein?

I really don't know anything about them so whatever you can tell me would be useful.

I believe these are no longer being produced. Is that correct?

Ken
Old 22 Dec 2012, 05:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Soon to be new owner

Yes, no longer made, but many are out there for sale. Good thing about them is that they last a looong time. Mind you there are several areas that need to be paid attention to, and several items we suggest changing out, for instance the factory spark plug wires are garbage, we always suggest changing them out. Just one simple example.

Now it totally depends on what model you're looking for, and sometimes you can get a lot of help from other members here on the forums depending on where you're at and where you're planning on buying a PT.

In example, if you were in my neck of the woods, here's a few listings:
'06 White PT
'08 Blue PT
Gorgeous '04 Golden PT, good mileage, good price
That last listing, that company has 4 or 5 PT's for sale. Anyway, that's just a small taste of them. Those prices are pretty good, an '07 for $5995, but I'd negotiate that pricing. Course, I never buy a car for it's listed price....

Main ingredient, make darned certain if it's around or over 100k miles on it, that the water pump and belt have been replaced! That is a must, and average price to have someone do that is around $1200. That is a huge negotiable item when looking at a PT with something like 89k miles on it, as it's right up to the mileage where the replacement is required.

Lastly, down in my sig block is a link back to our documents library - in there are tons of good info that you can download at no cost, to help you get info on the PT's. Along with that is a used car buyer's guide and checklist, I'd suggest using that!

Welcome aboard Ken, and keep us updated!!!
Old 24 Dec 2012, 04:46 pm
Banned

Default Re: Soon to be new owner

Also, there are so many that you shouldn't have to settle, I was extremely picky and found the black 5 speed gt I wanted in black with 17k. I had to drive 600 miles to get it though.

Good luck in your search