Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Fender Rolling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Dec 2012, 03:04 pm
Banned

Question Fender Rolling

I found a few places that will roll my fender for me.

Only the driver one scrapes when I go up at an angle and am turning.

Just weird that one side does it and the other doesnt.

Btw, It doesnt change the way the fender looks does it? Like If I get one side done and not the other.

Thanks, think once I get this done and trim my bumpstops some more I should be good
Old 24 Dec 2012, 05:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Fender Rolling

Depends on how much they push those finders out. The best person to address those questions is the person who is going to do the work. If I were doing it I would be counting on doing both sides. Once you get more clearance you will find you will be traveling the suspension more. When that happens at some point you will find a new limit. Point is you will need the extra room on both sides.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 24 Dec 2012, 05:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
I found a few places that will roll my fender for me.

Only the driver one scrapes when I go up at an angle and am turning.

Just weird that one side does it and the other doesnt.

Btw, It doesnt change the way the fender looks does it? Like If I get one side done and not the other.

Thanks, think once I get this done and trim my bumpstops some more I should be good
You and the battery are on the drivers side...so think about it!

Depending on the experience level of the person doing the work will pretty much decide how well it will show at fender eye level. I like to roll the complete inner edge myself even though only a small part is needed for clearance. It is the symmetrical look I prefer by doing the whole inner edge.

If you are still trimming off the stock bump stop you should be really considering a polyurethane mount instead of the OEM soft rubber. If you do contact the trimmed stock bump stop it is unlike it will do much in the way cushioning the impact with its reduced size.

I recommend getting both sides done...never heard of anyone just getting one side done?

I would say post a picture(s) before and after contributing your experience for other members contemplating this body modification on their PT but......

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 24 Dec 2012, 06:10 pm
Banned

You posted the link for the bump stops but I have no idea what size or dimension I need. Be a pal and check on that for me

QUOTE=NitroPT;460170]You and the battery are on the drivers side...so think about it!

Depending on the experience level of the person doing the work will pretty much decide how well it will show at fender eye level. I like to roll the complete inner edge myself even though only a small part is needed for clearance. It is the symmetrical look I prefer by doing the whole inner edge.

If you are still trimming off the stock bump stop you should be really considering a polyurethane mount instead of the OEM soft rubber. If you do contact the trimmed stock bump stop it is unlike it will do much in the way cushioning the impact with its reduced size.

I recommend getting both sides done...never heard of anyone just getting one side done?

I would say post a picture(s) before and after contributing your experience for other members contemplating this body modification on their PT but......[/QUOTE]