Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hesitation problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jan 2013, 03:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Hesitation problem

2006 PT Cruiser 100k miles w manual transmission. Standing still at 2000 rpm you can spot engine missing a little. The car is driveable but not perfect as is should be. Motion and MAP sensors have been changed as well as the plugs and wires. I have been in and out the shop for a month now but the problem is not going away. Error code P050b. Fuel pressure is fine. Any suggestions???
Old 10 Jan 2013, 04:11 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Hesitation problem

Is it missing or vibrating. I would check the motor mounts as they are one of the things that seem to fail on these cars and cause vibration.
Old 10 Jan 2013, 04:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Doesn't idle at 2,000 RPM, does it? That's way too high.
Try cleaning Idle Air Controller (IAC) on back of throttle body.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 11 Jan 2013, 10:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

High idle (if that's what your saying) is usually caused by a slight vacuum leak. Just had that problem myself). Check all the lines for any leak.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Jan 2013, 03:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks guys...I'm sorry I wasn't specific enough. No, it idles just fine where it should... what I meant was that if you hold the revs at 2000 rpm you'll see it float about 300 or so rpms. It translates into some discomfort sometimes accelerating going through the gears between 1000-2500rpms (it's a manual transmission) and specially the on/off throttle transition that gives you that kick in the back when you lift your foot off
Old 11 Jan 2013, 03:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

OK, here's a question. You didn't correctly give us the error code (P050b no such animal)and according to my list, there's NO 500 codes that relate to the fuel pressure which you say is OK. So, what is the real error code that you got?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Jan 2013, 03:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hey thanks CREWZIN but I got to see that very code twice. First at the shop down the street (they couldn't make anything of it) and at Autozone as well... Check engine light just came on again, car started missing real bad but I made it to the mechanic. Let's see what happens now. Thanks guys for your help!
Old 24 Jan 2013, 03:14 pm
Fresh Cruiser

o2 sensors replaced in addition to motion sensor, MAP sensor , plugs and wires but that bad hiccup is not going away. As I said before fuel pressure is fine and still no check engine light though... Car works fine 90% of the time and all of a sudden it starts missing really bad under acceleration around 1500-2000 rpms. Somebody told me "camshaft sensor"... I don't know what else to think... Are there any other sensors that could be failing without triggering a code???
Old 24 Jan 2013, 03:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The Camshaft sensor would definitely throw a fault code but who knows, stranger things have happened. If you decide to put a new Camshaft sensor in, make sure it's from MOPAR/Chrysler and not after market. Out PT's don't do well with after market sensors and even though it will cost more, know that the part is well made and won't fail in a little while after putting it in.

Old 24 Jan 2013, 03:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks CREWZIN! Any other ideas of what this could be?

Tags
hesitation