PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Please respect your pt's

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jan 2013, 01:30 am
Banned

Lightbulb Please respect your pt's

I have yet to see anyone that takes care of their cruisers. They all look beat to hell! dirty, massive brake dust, dog nose prints everywhere, third brake light bulbs out.

I have no dents, scratches and its always clean, rims and tires detailed. Then I go cruising and and see junk. I know some people buy them who are not enthusiasts, they bought them cause they are cheap but come on.

I just wish others respected their pt. I have never modded a car like I have my gt. I just love the thing, wish others did too

Last edited by Busa_Powered; 27 Jan 2013 at 01:33 am.
Old 27 Jan 2013, 01:50 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Please respect your pt's

I concur..

Old 27 Jan 2013, 02:02 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
I have yet to see anyone that takes care of their cruisers. They all look beat to hell! dirty, massive brake dust, dog nose prints everywhere, third brake light bulbs out.

I have no dents, scratches and its always clean, rims and tires detailed. Then I go cruising and and see junk. I know some people buy them who are not enthusiasts, they bought them cause they are cheap but come on.

I just wish others respected their pt. I have never modded a car like I have my gt. I just love the thing, wish others did too
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!
Auh oh really????????? Look again!

First off we or some of us know that you shoped for several months to find the exact PT you wanted. You bought a used PT in GREAT condition from the start. What did it need a light washing and interior dusting when you brought it home and parked it in your garage?

I drive my PT and have fun sport driving when I can. It is also used occasionally as a daily driver at least 4-8 days a month consisting of about 100-125 miles a day. So I have a windshield that needs to be replaced nicks in the paint in various area's from simply driving on the highway and in various weather conditions. Etc etc etc. It is NOT kept in a garage but must weather in a driveway under a car cover when not in use.

But............

Did you get under the rear with scrub brushes and old tooth brushes and meticulously clean every part?

Did you ever raise the front end of the PT up and pressure and hand scrub/wash and treat everything.

Do you cringe at the sight of dirt on the "rubber" floor mat and clean them after every use with EcoLab Creme Protectant @ $75 a gallon?

Do you remove the wheels every other washing and clean both side mainly the inside that gets all the brake dust and road crap?

Do you wash your engine and wipe everything down with treatments of sorts as part of the cleaning ritual of the exterior?

When you wash your exterior do you clay the body at least every other washing.

How often do you polish the exterior at least every 4 months or less?

Every part that I take off the PT for whatever the reason get completely cleaned detailed replace, modified or upgraded.

I have already custom made several specialized parts for my PT.

So how do I fit into your comment "
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
I have yet to see anyone that takes care of their cruisers.
How about Ron's PT, Jerry"s PT, Candyman's PT Carey's PT. and a whole lot more that are regular members here?

Sorry to some of you I did not mention there are dozens more but these came to my head first.

HAVING FUN IN MY PT

THE DAY AFTER HAVING FUN IN MY PT

I am willing to bet your PT will never get that dirty?

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 27 Jan 2013 at 02:09 am. Reason: added pictures
Old 27 Jan 2013, 03:34 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Okay, as usual Nitro comes out strongly. But he has a point. Busa, your PT has the luxury of being "just" a weekendcar. It rarely gets dirty

Mine and most others' is a daily car. Even more so, now that there's snow the Civic stands under the carport and only the PT is driven cause that's the one on winter tyres.

That doesn 't mean my PT isn 't treaten well. More so, never before have I put this amount of time in a car and my PT only gets better in time. But it will never be as imaculate as yours, 'cause it was like that when you bought it. Mine wasn 't. It's originaly purchased in Brussels which is the worst Belgian town to drive a car. But I wanted the electric blue one and this was the only one I could find.

I had to take the dents and scratches in the pakkage.

But in time it will only get better, you 'll see.
Installed Mopar sub !

Last edited by Teska; 27 Jan 2013 at 10:03 am. Reason: Some typo's
Old 27 Jan 2013, 09:20 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Drive to Ohio & look in my garage!
Old 27 Jan 2013, 10:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by red06limited View Post
Drive to Ohio & look in my garage!
Why not post a picture of it?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 27 Jan 2013, 11:25 am
Cool Cruiser

i could spend more time cleaning my car than driving it. i admit.. my pt is defiantly not the prettiest looking pt out there. nor do i want it to be. i drive my car every where! with every bump, scratch, dent or ding my car obtains, comes a new story from doing things many people would not do with their trucks. my car does not look like its "beat on" or abused. yes it is dirty most of the time, but she sure does clean up good and still turns heads when i do polish it! and yes, if i did have another vehicle my pt would get the much needed attention it needs and not come out of the garage for a while.

but as with many of us with our so called "abused or neglected" cruisers i kno i suffer from a lack of money to only use the cruiser as a "weekend warrior"
mnahmnah likes this.
Old 27 Jan 2013, 11:39 am
Senior Cruiser

My climate would have you medicated, the salty, sandy, wet and slushy snowy roads are an OCD nightmare ..... What else can I say, other than you're absolutely right... living somewhere with an ideal climate, there's no excuse not to take care of your investment a/o toy.... most people will never get it.
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 27 Jan 2013, 11:46 am
Banned

Lightbulb Re: Please respect your pt's

Nope, I drive mine sparingly to preserve it. I will probably have driven it 200 miles this month. I love driving it. I still have the clear plastic on the carpets plus the factory mats and rubber mats on top of those. I polish the car about every six months and maintain it with a spray on wax which preserves the finish and gloss. I don't take it out in snow or bad weather when there is no reason too

You know the people that dump their pt's have alot of miles on theirs.

With a timing belt being on average about 1000 dollars, that is alot to swallow.

My wife drive our previous car before getting her pt. it had about 100k miles but ran like and champ and was paid for there was no reason to dump it. On top of that it has a timing chain.

Yes under my car as best I can being lowered cleaning off dirt underneath but I don't drive in snow and rain so I don't do mine quite as often as nitro which would be alot more often.

To each their own, I wasn't referring to the enthusiasts on here, it's quite easy to see who appreciate their cars and ones that come In here wanting repair advice who drive it as their main vehicle and may not be as fickle as myself.

The only two mods I want are the hood struts, and a teazer front end, which may have to wait another year.

As stated this thread was not referring to the regulars we see each day

And I do have a picture of it below here. It looks the same on both sides, only thing not visible is the dual tipped exhaust which looks like everyone else's that has done this. Everything else is stick appearance that is not shown. The pic I have below shows it being lowered, the oem side skirts and aftermarket wheels, other than that and the dual tips it is stock. Interior is stock as well so no reason to show it.

Last edited by Busa_Powered; 27 Jan 2013 at 11:54 am.
Old 27 Jan 2013, 11:53 am
Fanatic Cruiser

But those are the ones reading your post
Installed Mopar sub !