PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New Owner, Finally!!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Feb 2013, 09:58 pm
Young Cruiser

Default New Owner, Finally!!

Well, I'm finally the proud owner of a 2003 Stone White GT 5sp.. It's a one owner with 130,000 miles and SUPER clean inside and out..You can eat off the engine and it has aftermarket wheels..I will post pictures tomorrow.It's dark here right now, so I can't take any.. I don't know for sure if the timing belt/water pump has been replaced,but I'm a mechanic so no biggie.I'm gonna try to get in touch with the original owner and find out if its been changed..The way its been maintained, I would bet it's already been done.I hope so anyway..Pics to follow tomorrow!!
Old 05 Feb 2013, 10:18 pm
Banned

Exclamation Re: New Owner, Finally!!

Good find on the 5 speed! I love mine. No stick, no sale !
Old 05 Feb 2013, 10:49 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: New Owner, Finally!!

Yeah, I tell you these 5sp are hard to find.Out of 5 or so GT's we looked at, they were all Autos and ragged out and abused.We were headed back home and passed a car lot and I seen this one, so we turned around to check it out..It was a 5sp and in showroom condition.I went in and asked how much and they said $5995. I said that's to rich for my blood and he said, well just drive it.When we drove it, we just fell in love with it.No squeaks,rattles.No rips in the seats,carpet,headliner etc..It rides,drives,looks and feels like a brand new car.I ended up getting it for $4900 +tax, Tags included.Plus I talked them into giving me a 6month Engine/powertrain warranty that covers up to $1500 if anything should happen. Probably paid more than I should have dealing with a lot, but I wanted something that wasn't abused and it was exactly what I wanted.I hate buying from lots but I have looked for 2months and nothing I could find was in this good of shape and they would still want $3500- $4000 for something beat all to hell..
Old 05 Feb 2013, 11:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Congrats and enjoy!

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 06 Feb 2013, 12:17 am
Banned

Exclamation Re: New Owner, Finally!!

I bought mine about two years ago with 18k miles on it.

Drove across 4 states to buy it.

There was nothing local here and I wasn't going to settle

Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiral View Post
Yeah, I tell you these 5sp are hard to find.Out of 5 or so GT's we looked at, they were all Autos and ragged out and abused.We were headed back home and passed a car lot and I seen this one, so we turned around to check it out..It was a 5sp and in showroom condition.I went in and asked how much and they said $5995. I said that's to rich for my blood and he said, well just drive it.When we drove it, we just fell in love with it.No squeaks,rattles.No rips in the seats,carpet,headliner etc..It rides,drives,looks and feels like a brand new car.I ended up getting it for $4900 +tax, Tags included.Plus I talked them into giving me a 6month Engine/powertrain warranty that covers up to $1500 if anything should happen. Probably paid more than I should have dealing with a lot, but I wanted something that wasn't abused and it was exactly what I wanted.I hate buying from lots but I have looked for 2months and nothing I could find was in this good of shape and they would still want $3500- $4000 for something beat all to hell..
Old 06 Feb 2013, 10:15 am
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: New Owner, Finally!!

congrats and have fun with your new cruiser
Old 06 Feb 2013, 10:18 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Depending on the car lot it can actually be safer buying from one than a private owner. A lot of respectable car lots will give their vehicles an inspection and fix what's wrong with them (especially if they offered you a warranty), rather than buying from someone down the street who is hiding a cracked head or something.

That must be a little market difference in terms of the tranny. In my neck of the woods, I've actually never seen an automatic GT coming through the dealership. Out of the several dozen I've seen, they've all been manuals!

Congrats on a nice find!
Old 06 Feb 2013, 11:38 am
Banned

Cool Re: New Owner, Finally!!

Weird!

Do a search on auto-trader or yahoo auto and look for 5 speed gt's for sale vs gt autos.

When I was looking there were none for sale in Texas

QUOTE=heifetz17;465126]Depending on the car lot it can actually be safer buying from one than a private owner. A lot of respectable car lots will give their vehicles an inspection and fix what's wrong with them (especially if they offered you a warranty), rather than buying from someone down the street who is hiding a cracked head or something.

That must be a little market difference in terms of the tranny. In my neck of the woods, I've actually never seen an automatic GT coming through the dealership. Out of the several dozen I've seen, they've all been manuals!

Congrats on a nice find![/QUOTE]

Last edited by Busa_Powered; 06 Feb 2013 at 11:40 am.
Old 06 Feb 2013, 12:33 pm
Regular Cruiser

Congrats! that warranty would sure be nice. By the way, we demand pictures!!!
Old 06 Feb 2013, 02:40 pm
Young Cruiser

Well here's the pics!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 015.jpg (71.0 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 019.jpg (68.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 020.jpg (61.9 KB, 32 views)
zamfir2 likes this.