PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Turn signal activates signal...and wipers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Feb 2013, 12:46 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Turn signal activates signal...and wipers?

Hi, new to the site! I have a 2008 Cruiser and have encountered several electrical problems. For this first post, I'll ask about the most recent, which happens to require the most immediate attention.

When I activate my turn signal (usually the left more than the right), the turn signal works, BUT for some reason my wipers are activated too...? The wiper stalk is on the right side, while the blinker/headlights stalk is on the left, so the wipers shouldn't be activated at all. Is there a relay between the two stalks that might be getting things crossed? Or does it sound like I either need to switch out the turn signal/headlight stalk or both signal/headlight & wiper stalks? Or the entire switch? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 04:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Turn signal activates signal...and wipers?

Both stalks are tied together. Sounds like wires are crossed somewhere.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 12:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Turn signal activates signal...and wipers?

Definitely sounds like something between both stalks. But to add a bit of inconsistency to the issue, it didn't do it at all either last night returning home from work or this morning's drive back to work...? I'd consider weather factors (expansion/contraction), except it's been in the 50-60 range for the past two days. Could there still be something arching internally? Puzzling...