PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
fix for nonfunctioning convertible mirror teperature/dirrection guage.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By red06limited

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Feb 2013, 10:17 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default fix for nonfunctioning convertible mirror teperature/dirrection guage.

My son's been visiting me this week. He drives a 2005 convertible PT Cruiser. He'd mentioned that for the past few months his rear view mirror temperature/direction read out display has been stuck at 55 F and the compass direction was not functioning. no matter what the direction or the outside temperature has been. I assure you I don't know much about the inner workings of that temperature/direction sensor. The temperature/dirrection sensor is in a plastic shroud behind the rear view mirror.My simple repair was to loosen the bottom of the shroud held in place with T-20 Star screw. I lightly wack the casing shrouding of the sensor behind the mirror and presto, the temperature/direction began reading correctly again so without any further disasembly the star screw was tightened. My guess is because the non function involved both direction and temperature that the wack reestablished a common electrical contact that had disfunctioned because of slight corrosion. Who knows? But when all else fails, give it a gentle wack before spending a $100 at the Chrysler garage!
Old 25 Feb 2013, 02:23 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: fix for nonfunctioning convertible mirror teperature/dirrection guage.

I would caution you not to try this on your wife!
thehoghunter likes this.