Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
problems with windows

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Mar 2013, 09:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default problems with windows

i have a 2006 pt cruiser and the drivers side power window stopped working. all the other windows were working fine. i took off my door panel and looked in side and held the switch up and wiggled the wired. then noticed a problem the wire started sparking and almost caught fire. the window went up a bit but stopped again. and then i all windows stopped working.. could the spark have caused a fuse to blow? im hoping i can just replace the fuse and change that one wire inside my door panel. anyone have any experience with this issue?
Old 06 Oct 2013, 09:09 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: problems with windows

My window is doing the same thing, however I haven't taken the panel off yet. Trying to figure out why all the sudden it stopped working. It's 3/4 of the way down and I need it to go up and stay up. I read somewhere that there was a wire that needed to be straighten out, however I cannot locate that feed. Did you finally get your window up? What did you do?
Old 06 Oct 2013, 01:32 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: problems with windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by izpowell View Post
noticed a problem the wire started sparking and almost caught fire.
That's one of the reasons it's always a good idea to disconnect the negative(-) terminal from the battery,when working on automotive electrical systems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by izpowell View Post
could the spark have caused a fuse to blow?
More than likely;Yes.......Hopefully fixing the 'bad' wire,and replacing the fuse will fix the issue.....If the switch is 'bad/burned',you'll probably need to get a replacement,and put it in.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 07:50 am
Fresh Cruiser

Having the same issues with my 2006 Limited. Did replacing/repairing the bad wire fix the problem?

Alos, any diagrams on removing the door pannel or photos identifying what wire you had issues with? I'm not so confident in my electrical skills
Old 16 Dec 2013, 08:59 am
Veteran Cruiser

Cool Re: problems with windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaAngeus View Post
Did replacing/repairing the bad wire fix the problem?
Nobody knows....Like so many other people who sign-up,post their problem,and get members feedback/suggestions....Then they never even bother to return,and let us know if/or what corrected their issue.
So many threads end up catagorized as 'Un-Resolved'........
Old 16 Dec 2013, 11:43 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

i used to have window problems with Eve (07 touring ed) but all i did was replace the master switch. i would roll with all windows down and i noticed that my passenger side window would stop going up when i rolled up all windows at the same time. after all of the windows were up i would try the problem window by itself and it would go up. i guess that's how i knew it was the master switch.
Your problem is a lil different. i do agree that you should fix the wire and if you're still having problems then think about changing the master switch.