Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Best o2 sensor ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Mar 2013, 01:45 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Best o2 sensor ?

What is the best brand o2 sensor for replacement?
Old 13 Mar 2013, 05:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Best o2 sensor ?

99% of the time we tell everyone to use genuine MOPAR sensors but I'll admit I used Bosch and had them on for 20K with no problems.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 13 Mar 2013, 10:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I have used many brands over the years predominantly BOSCH but have had no problems with the other brands.
If you ask on a forum the answer is generally going to be MOPAR or BOSCH. If your vehicle was in an independent shop getting it done most are going to install whatever there local AP supplier carries.
Mainly the life of the H02/02 sensors are directly related to the running condition of your engine and the installation of them.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 03:15 am
Senior Cruiser

I read somewhere that mopar sensors are made by NTK. This is some sort of black art, as I have'nt been able to find out any specs on them as far as accuracy goes. Or a comparison test brand by brand for accuracy. Some time ago a ford forum tested several wide range sensors [which are supposed to be more accurate than narrow range] and found them to be all over the place [except for one brand]. I do not know if each sensor is individually calibrated.

I would love to get the results of a test like this to help make a decision as to which brand to buy.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 09:30 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I would like to see such a test as well? I can only visualize many flaws in such a test conducted though?
While I understand in its principle the need for a high quality and hyper accurate sensor in the competitive world of racing on a street driven vehicle unless you are running multiple sensors one per cylinder and then I doubt that it would matter that much for the need of an o2 to be so close tolerant output between brands? AEM, AutoMeter and Innovate to name a few contacting them and talking with their technical people would tend to agree with me as we have talked about the accuracy levels and manufacturing quality of different sensors.Although they all claim that their sensors better then the other guys? I run 4 in a MINI to individually adjust cylinder ECU mapping and have not found deviation in any amount that if there where could not be compensated on ECU's cell calibration. I do EFI/ECU calibrating for many people weekly and view dozens of data logging in which AFRs are one of the most important aspects of a calibration and it has an effect globally on the ECU. IMHO with regards to a generalities of PT Cruisers for most owners being so concerned about a H02/02 sensor quality without the ability to make ECU calibration adjustments is a bit ridiculous to say the least? Never the less if you come up with that test I would be interested to read it .I would not want members getting the wrong idea that they need spend big bucks $$$ on an H02/02 sensor for their PT in reality not needing to?
Old 15 Mar 2013, 02:48 am
Senior Cruiser

nitro: I am not planning on changing my system. I only want to know that when my [narrow band] sensor tells my computer that the afr is 14.7, that it IS actually 14.7, not 14.0.

tunertools.com/articles/fordmuscle.pdf -- An interesting read about wideband sensors