Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
How much do you like your cruiser?

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Mar 2013, 07:38 am
Fresh Cruiser

Question How much do you like your cruiser?

I have an 01 cruiser. it's a good looking vehicle and runs great when it's not in the shop haha
SO this is a general thread about what you, fellow cruiser owner, like and dislike about your cruiser.
feel free to let it all hang out.
Fuzzyweis likes this.
Old 15 Mar 2013, 09:11 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: How much do you like your cruiser?

Like:
That the retro design has been taken seriously. In and out, they though about everything. Not with the second gen though, that one doesn 't add up.

That people love it or hate it, no in between.

That it's not too popular, makes me feel more special.

The great sound of the OEM stereo and, in my case, added Mopar subwoofer.

The metal, chrome, doorhandles.

Possibilities with cargo room.

That the front window is smaller than other cars these days, I feel less like I'm in a aquarium.

That it has the same bolt pattern as the Golf 4 which makes it easy to find cool wheels.

Don't like:
Parts are hard to come by and expensive in Belgium.

Quality of certain mecanical parts.

Seat height.

Weight of the back seats.

Expensive to get dents out cause of the curves.

It's no easy car to do engine repairs on.
Installed Mopar sub !
Old 15 Mar 2013, 03:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

I love its retro style. I especially love how it's such a personal vehicle and each owner gets to customize it making it unique n different. I love it when someone doesn't like my pref in mods...that really makes Goldie feel custom. I hate the low city gas mileage, but not enough to end our relationship.
Old 15 Mar 2013, 06:42 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: How much do you like your cruiser?

LOVE IT
Old 15 Mar 2013, 08:30 pm
Senior Cruiser

I Love that my kids hate it,, they drive it less because of it.
I love the 215HP auto stick turbo... It can scare the hell out of unsuspecting hitch-hikers ! LOL .. The Courts are considering adding a parking spot just for me too because of it.. I love this Country .. innocent until proven guilty .
I hate that I'm still trying to trace the leaks .. usually think I got them figured out and there they are again.. kind of like my 45 year old body !
I'm sure they're directly attributed to the 215HP auto stick though, it's all relevant isn't it ?.
Love the colour, love the shape, love the versatility, love that it's unique , love the reliability, love the heated leather, love that I'm keeping it forever.
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 15 Mar 2013, 09:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I like Most everything!

The things I don;t care for I am improving upon!
Old 16 Mar 2013, 12:08 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teska View Post
That people love it or hate it, no in between.
This is something that really surprised me. I have always like the look of PT Cruisers and the Chevy HHR as well. I recently bought my 1st Cruiser, and I was a little taken back by the amount of people who do not like them and were not afraid to tell me.
06SesiBlu and Chip18sw like this.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 01:17 am
Banned

Smile Re: How much do you like your cruiser?

Yeah I got that too when I bought mine.

I have made mods to it and people still think it's odd to do what I have done to mine but the haters now like.

Lowering it, putting the ground effects on it, nice rims and tires sets it apart. The exhaust is generally non existent and the bov along with all the pipes changed to hard pipes, including the charge pipes, and a nice set of dual tips make it sound mean to go with the lowered stance.

If I looked stock I would still get it. I didn't do the add chrome way, I want to Stand out in a more aggressive menacing look and sound and I think I have accomplished that.

Only left is a pt cowl hood and a pteazer front end.

That will make the front end more menacing.

To each his own on mods, but the kids at my work think its cool now with my subs In the back basin with snoop dogg.

I don't beat my car, I baby it, it's not a sports car, i want it to be more of a showy unique car

Nothing really I don't like about it, just working on the front end to make improvements albeit expensive ones
Old 16 Mar 2013, 01:25 am
Banned

Cool Re: How much do you like your cruiser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
Yeah I got that too when I bought mine.

I have made mods to it and people still think it's odd to do what I have done to mine but the haters now like.

Lowering it, putting the ground effects on it, nice rims and tires sets it apart. The exhaust is generally non existent and the bov along with all the pipes changed to hard pipes, including the charge pipes, and a nice set of dual tips make it sound mean to go with the lowered stance.

If I looked stock I would still get it. I didn't do the add chrome way, I want to Stand out in a more aggressive menacing look and sound and I think I have accomplished that.

Only left is a pt cowl hood and a pteazer front end.

That will make the front end more menacing.

To each his own on mods, but the kids at my work think its cool now with my subs In the back basin with snoop dogg.

I don't beat my car, I baby it, it's not a sports car, i want it to be more of a showy unique car

Nothing really I don't like about it, just working on the front end to make improvements albeit expensive ones
It's more of a weekend car, nor daily driven, it doesn't see rain, snow, nothing. I clean everything and don't have to worry about doing it again for a while.

My beater won't last forever, I want something nice but they has low mileage and will sit outside while the gt sits In the garage with a thick comforter
On it and a car cover on top of that

It leads A good life with me trying to preserve it while driving it In nice weather

To each his own in life.., good day
Old 16 Mar 2013, 08:06 am
Senior Cruiser

I love mine. I have loved them since they came out. I like the first Gen better but needed a newer low mileage car so I got my 09. No regrets and it puts a smile on my face.

I baby it and have done many mods too it with many more to go. What's even better, is I have become a part of the community on here that makes the whole experience even better.
CruiserLady likes this.