Advertisements
changing under seat battery deisel

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ray_Dockrey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Mar 2013, 08:29 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default changing under seat battery deisel

I have to replace my under seat battery on my 2.2 CRD, can I assume it is quite easy or are there any tricky issues?

Thanks
Old 28 Mar 2013, 08:46 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: changing under seat battery deisel

I did some searching and I found this on a thread. I copied and pasted the relevant part:

The battery i used was a Bosch S5 Type 100 which cost me just under 80 inc free delivery. It measures H175mm x W175mm x L278mm and is A 74AH & 750CCA sealed maintenance free battery. The battery is fitted with it's length in line with the car and with the Pos terminal at the front.
I found it relatively easy to fit providing you remove the front passenger seat. This is easily done by removing the front seat base cover, the LH side seat base cover, disconnecting the seat wiring harness connector (which can be seen once the LH seat base cover is removed) and removing the 2 x seat runner bolts at the front and the 2 larger seat retaining bolts at the back. The seat then comes off complete with the rear plastic battery cover.
The original battery can now be easily removed. I also removed the battery tray and replaced it with a cut down plastic seed tray using some packing underneath the rear of the tray. The original battery securing strap was also completely removed. The new battery fits neatly in place making sure it is centred and pushed fully back. The battery cables had to be bent to a new position so that they fit the Pos terminal at the front and Neg terminal at the rear. I also fitted the original vent hose and fittings from the old battery to the new battery.
I used some of the expanded foam packing that came with the new battery to pack out the sides and between the seat base cross member and battery and made up a simple bracket to hold the battery in place. The seat then fits back on using the 4 original bolts, the seat harness is reconnected and the front and LH side seat base covers replaced.
Busted_PT likes this.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 10:56 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: changing under seat battery deisel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Dockrey View Post
I did some searching and I found this on a thread. I copied and pasted the relevant part:

The battery i used was a Bosch S5 Type 100 which cost me just under 80 inc free delivery. It measures H175mm x W175mm x L278mm and is A 74AH & 750CCA sealed maintenance free battery. The battery is fitted with it's length in line with the car and with the Pos terminal at the front.
I found it relatively easy to fit providing you remove the front passenger seat. This is easily done by removing the front seat base cover, the LH side seat base cover, disconnecting the seat wiring harness connector (which can be seen once the LH seat base cover is removed) and removing the 2 x seat runner bolts at the front and the 2 larger seat retaining bolts at the back. The seat then comes off complete with the rear plastic battery cover.
The original battery can now be easily removed. I also removed the battery tray and replaced it with a cut down plastic seed tray using some packing underneath the rear of the tray. The original battery securing strap was also completely removed. The new battery fits neatly in place making sure it is centred and pushed fully back. The battery cables had to be bent to a new position so that they fit the Pos terminal at the front and Neg terminal at the rear. I also fitted the original vent hose and fittings from the old battery to the new battery.
I used some of the expanded foam packing that came with the new battery to pack out the sides and between the seat base cross member and battery and made up a simple bracket to hold the battery in place. The seat then fits back on using the 4 original bolts, the seat harness is reconnected and the front and LH side seat base covers replaced.
Good job Ray!

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com