PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Holiday on the Outer Banks!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Mar 2013, 11:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Talking PT Holiday on the Outer Banks!

Well, on Thursday I have a face-to-face interview with the Regional Manager for Time Warner Cable. Have already had one interview with her on the phone last Tuesday at 5pm, then she said she had three more interviews to complete and if I fit the requirements, she'd have the recruiter call me back and schedule me for another interview.

Then on Wednesday morning, at 7:30am, the recruiter called while I was in the shower and left a message, "Hey Robin, call me back, I have some good news for you!". So called him back, and the Regional Manager decided not to wait for the other three interviews, decided right away to schedule me for the second interview.

Well, my rent was over, or is over, tomorrow, in Richmond, VA, so I was planning on going home, but Wednesday my wife told me she had rented a house on the Outer Banks in Waves, NC (just south of Nags Head). So, packed up all my belongings in Richmond and loaded up my PT (can barely see out the passenger window, all the rest loaded up to the roof), and left this afternoon for the Outer Banks (or OBX as these people call it). Car is so over-loaded that it's bottoming out way too often, worried I'm going to ruin the left rear tire - expensive Pirelli P6's and it's hitting the inner fender well and putting a groove in the tire.

So, drove 4 hours, ended up taking back roads and going through so many wonderful places. Visited Kitty Hawk, then Kill Devil Hills, then Nags Head. Before hitting those, I passed this race shop, turned around and went back because I couldn't believe what I saw and that anyone is allowed to go there anytime.

First, here's the picture of the house I'm sitting in right now, and yes, it's GORGEOUS, 6 bedrooms, sleeps 12 to 15 (can even be 4 more because of sleeper sofas!), hot tub, all kinds of wild things. My wife planned this as a surprise for me, so I'm just sitting here grinning so much my cheeks hurt! lol

Now, here's the race shop that I had to go back to - figured I'd most likely never see it again so had to stop and take some photos:

Believe me, this 4 hour drive was so much fun it was almost unbelievable!

EDIT 03/31 - 6:46pm: Should I take the black line and replace it with the bright lime green color like the new Grave Digger has? Might try that and see how it goes and post back here, get your votes on it.... by the way, glad to be back her with y'all! Three months closed up away from everything and everyone, drinking heavily, smoking like a chimney. Now here I am, hanging with the crowd, no drinking anymore (again), and haven't had a cigarette, not going to, already had a asthma attack from that long beach walk...lol

Last edited by Chromenut; 31 Mar 2013 at 05:47 pm.
Old 31 Mar 2013, 03:46 pm
Senior Cruiser

Talking Re: PT Holiday on the Outer Banks!

glad to see you had a good time leaving Virginia, for northcakalaky,, wish you all the luck with your next interview
Old 31 Mar 2013, 05:19 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: PT Holiday on the Outer Banks!

Hey Chrome,

Sick with it my man. Too bad their wasn't a good opportunity to get your PT up close for a good shot with the Digger.

Anywayz, way cool and good luck on your job. Remember, you start making the big bucks, and I get your ride for a couple months.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 31 Mar 2013, 05:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: PT Holiday on the Outer Banks!

You take my ride for 90 days, then when you give it back, will it be painted the purple and black two-tone from your earlier picture???
Old 31 Mar 2013, 05:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Also going through over 300 photos taken on the beach today, soon as I get done with them, and the half hour of video shoots, I'll post a couple here for y'all. Having a blast! However, we walked from the house down the beach to the wharf in Nag's Head...yes, three miles! Geez my legs hurt! hahahaha
Old 31 Mar 2013, 05:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
Hey Chrome,

Sick with it my man. Too bad their wasn't a good opportunity to get your PT up close for a good shot with the Digger.

Anywayz, way cool and good luck on your job. Remember, you start making the big bucks, and I get your ride for a couple months.
Candy, and all others - I like that purple color you posted, and need your opinion - thinking about taking all my chrome add-ons and painting them black. I think they will look terrific. Your thoughts???
Old 31 Mar 2013, 06:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Candy, and all others - I like that purple color you posted, and need your opinion - thinking about taking all my chrome add-ons and painting them black. I think they will look terrific. Your thoughts???
The biggest problem I see with the black is well your user name will be bogus.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 31 Mar 2013, 06:26 pm
Banned

Yeah when we went to the outer banks, a group of us rented one of those 5 story houses on beach, thing even had an elevator.
Old 31 Mar 2013, 07:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
The biggest problem I see with the black is well your user name will be bogus.
Actually Chromenut has been my nickname for around 35 years. Has nothing to do with the chrome on my PT. My first car was a '66 Marlin, and I had one, as in 1, yes only one chrome nut on the wheels. Got the nickname and it's stuck with me ever since. Oh, and also I'm Nutz!

Old 31 Mar 2013, 07:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Actually Chromenut has been my nickname for around 35 years. Has nothing to do with the chrome on my PT. My first car was a '66 Marlin, and I had one, as in 1, yes only one chrome nut on the wheels. Got the nickname and it's stuck with me ever since. Oh, and also I'm Nutz!

LMBO, didn't see any chrome in that pare. LOL

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com