Old 28 Apr 2013, 04:52 am
Young Cruiser

Default Goodbye PT Cruiser Community

I am sorry to say that I have sold my PT and will now be driving a KIA Soul

Just wanted to say goodbye and thanks for all the support
Old 28 Apr 2013, 07:36 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Goodbye PT Cruiser Community

My wife wanted one of those Sole's but there was no room for luggage if anyone sat in the back. We bought the Ford Focus instead. Sorry to see ya go. Good luck with the Kia.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 28 Apr 2013, 08:14 am
Senior Cruiser

I was going to buy one and then KIA got busted for lying about the MPG and now the new MPG isn't all that much better then a PT so I will keep the PT a while longer. It's paid for and I enjoy it, just wish it got better mpg.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 28 Apr 2013, 08:37 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
I was going to buy one and then KIA got busted for lying about the MPG and now the new MPG isn't all that much better then a PT so I will keep the PT a while longer. It's paid for and I enjoy it, just wish it got better mpg.
Besides, you'll have to buy a Hamster costume for the whole family to drive it.
Red tint tails, chrome trimmed grille, custom towel rack buttonless flamed shifter, auto dimming rear view, Homelink remote transmitter, driver seat drawer, MOPAR sub, lowered 1" rear, MOPAR/Borla dual tipped exhaust, chrome trimmed GT gauge/airbag surround, front 35% tint, and the ever so important Fuzzy Dice
Old 28 Apr 2013, 10:05 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
This is a truth, my Ex country has a 2012 Soul.....My 03 Pt gets better mileage, and hey its surprising that you can never do a 4 wheel alignment because the rear end is designed oddly and no shops can figure out how :/
Old 28 Apr 2013, 12:07 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
NO WAY

It amazes me that more people don't see how many lies companies tell. What's worse is when they claim that foreign companies lie less than US ones. I don't know what the stats are but when companies blame their customers for their defects, I'm sure not going to buy their product.

GM, Ford and Chrysler aren't saints and they've made some real junk but tell me who hasn't.
Old 28 Apr 2013, 12:36 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
We're getting a refund check from Kia for our sorento who's mpg they lied about.
Old 30 Apr 2013, 12:29 am
Young Cruiser

Not as roomy as a PT but in the few months I drove the PT i never made any use of all that cargo space. with the rear seats down the soul offers more than enough cargo room for me.

As for mpg, i'm hoping its better than the pt, kia claims 25mpg...ive heard ppl getting more like 20mpg...I'll let you know how it compares.

in any case, I like the soul...its still a hatchback and feels like a mini truck.
i would've gone for a newer pt but couldnt find any non convertible gts...also i wasnt sure the newer pt seats would be all that comfortable and finally theres the mpg issue. so kia soul it is...hopefully the mpg is better
Old 30 Apr 2013, 07:24 am
Obsessed Cruiser

ODd as it is my wife had the KIA Van and it was a big 6cyl and a big van and that dog got like 28 on the highway we took a long trip the year she got it and in a little over 3000 miles it never got below 25mpg and one one stretch of dark highway it actually got 30mpg and i drove it in the 70-80 mph range the problem with it was the tranny leaked from day 1 and when she would take it back they just said its ok just drive it all of these leak a little???? well at a little over 100,000 it wasnt seping it was dripping they did her right gave her way over KBB value on a nother Kia
Old 30 Apr 2013, 07:19 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruserdad1976 View Post
ODd as it is my wife had the KIA Van and it was a big 6cyl and a big van and that dog got like 28 on the highway we took a long trip the year she got it and in a little over 3000 miles it never got below 25mpg and one one stretch of dark highway it actually got 30mpg and i drove it in the 70-80 mph range the problem with it was the tranny leaked from day 1 and when she would take it back they just said its ok just drive it all of these leak a little???? well at a little over 100,000 it wasnt seping it was dripping they did her right gave her way over KBB value on a nother Kia
How many of you can read this with one breath..,. I couldn't
woahgt likes this.
Red tint tails, chrome trimmed grille, custom towel rack buttonless flamed shifter, auto dimming rear view, Homelink remote transmitter, driver seat drawer, MOPAR sub, lowered 1" rear, MOPAR/Borla dual tipped exhaust, chrome trimmed GT gauge/airbag surround, front 35% tint, and the ever so important Fuzzy Dice