Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New PT Cruiser owner, RonJon edition?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Apr 2013, 06:43 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default New PT Cruiser owner, RonJon edition?

Just purchased a 2002 PT Cruiser - seller says it was a RonJon edition (has 2 stickers that say RonJon edition but nothing else) - is there any information on this edition? I searched here and only 2 threads mentioned RonJon - also is there any way to know what wheels and equipment it is supposed to have, the ones on it are not anything like the OEM ones I can find pictures of.

I really hope to be able to go with steel wheels, trim rings, moon hub caps and wide white walls eventually but after scraping to be able to buy the PT going to be a while.

Any help will be appreciated!
Old 28 Apr 2013, 07:09 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: New PT Cruiser owner, RonJon edition?

welcome to the forum
never heard of ronjon edition , but ill love too see some pics of it ?
tinted windows, led dome lights
Old 28 Apr 2013, 07:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Check with the moderator here CREWZIN. He furnished some info on these once.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 28 Apr 2013, 07:28 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Google search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=ronj...w=1213&bih=743

" ORLANDO, Fla., April 5 -- Floridians can catch a wave from behind the wheel in the new Special Edition Ron Jon PT Cruiser. Building on the recent announcements of the Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible and PT Turbo models, Chrysler´s Orlando Business Center has partnered with Ron Jon´s Surf Shop to create a co-branded, Special Edition Ron Jon PT Cruiser for the Florida market.

"Introducing the Special Edition Ron Jon PT Cruiser in conjunction with spring break is perfect timing," said Phil Licina, Director-DaimlerChrysler Southeast Business Center. "What better opportunity to cruise the strip in a cool new beach ready PT Cruiser?"

The Special Edition Ron Jon PT Cruiser package features several Mopar accessories and unique Ron Jon Surf Shop graphics, including special decals, a chrome-tipped exhaust, 15-inch 16-spoke polished chrome wheels, ground effects, fog lamps and a rear spoiler. A beach backpack also is included, filled with Ron Jon and Chrysler PT Cruiser merchandise like a beach blanket, towel, license plate bracket, bumper stickers, fleece jacket, T-shirt and key chain. All items are co-branded with the Ron Jon and Chrysler PT Cruiser logos.

Only 1,000 Special Edition Ron Jon PT Cruisers will be sold. Available exclusively at Florida Chrysler dealers, the vehicle will sell for a manufacturer´s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $19,995.

The Ron Jon/Chrysler PT Cruiser connection began when the first Chrysler PT Cruisers were launched in 2000, with the surf shop purchasing several PT Cruisers as giveaways and display models. "

Special Edition Ron Jon PT Cruiser hits Florida beaches
Old 28 Apr 2013, 07:29 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by woahgt View Post
welcome to the forum
never heard of ronjon edition , but ill love too see some pics of it ?
PICTURES
Ron Jon Surf Shop Chrysler PT Cruiser "Woodie" | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 28 Apr 2013, 08:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yep, seen a bunch of Ron Jon PT's running around here in Florida. They all don't have the wood on them and come in different colors. Don't know the exact number made but be sure that they are as rare as any other special edition, maybe even rarer (if there's such a word).

Welcome to the forum.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 28 Apr 2013, 08:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Yep, seen a bunch of Ron Jon PT's running around here in Florida. They all don't have the wood on them and come in different colors. Don't know the exact number made but be sure that they are as rare as any other special edition, maybe even rarer (if there's such a word).

Welcome to the forum.
Thank you, this one is the same burgandy color as the one pictured above but not woodie -ized. Another thing on the wish list as the picture is kind of what I hope to end up with. The other link describes the wheels and everything else (except no back pack with RonJon/Chrylser goodies - THAT would be cool to still have!)

Dark and raining but I will try to get pics up as soon as I can - guess there is no way to verify the special edition etc through serial numbers or anything, not that I guess it matters either way but would be nice to know.

Thanks for the welcome, enjoying reading up through the forum - great site!
Old 28 Apr 2013, 08:36 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by camconcay View Post
Thank you, this one is the same burgandy color as the one pictured above but not woodie -ized. Another thing on the wish list as the picture is kind of what I hope to end up with. The other link describes the wheels and everything else (except no back pack with RonJon/Chrylser goodies - THAT would be cool to still have!)

Dark and raining but I will try to get pics up as soon as I can - guess there is no way to verify the special edition etc through serial numbers or anything, not that I guess it matters either way but would be nice to know.

Thanks for the welcome, enjoying reading up through the forum - great site!
Take it to the dealer, they will be able to match the VIN to a special edition or not :-)
Old 28 Apr 2013, 09:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Not positive, but I don't think the Ron Jon's had special serial numbers. Only the real (Chrysler made) Special Editions had a numbering sequence.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 28 Apr 2013, 10:05 pm
Regular Cruiser

Welcome to forum, would like to see your Picts .
1998 Dolphin 36' motor home
1949 Piper Clipper taildragger