Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Chrysler dealers and car dealers in general...eww

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Apr 2013, 06:38 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Chrysler dealers and car dealers in general...eww

So I'm due to get my timing belt done on my 04 touring with 85k, don't want to wait any longer because a friends 07 with 73k broke a few weeks ago. So I email the local dealer and ask how much it will be and she emails me back that it will be about 1k for the belt and water pump with labor and I can just email her to set up appointment. So I'm thinking my local guy wanted 800 so I might as well go with the dealer for 200 more. So I send he an email back to set up an appointment and she never gets back to me for three days. So I call he up and she's like oh yeah I see your email now so I ask her does the install include the tensioner? And she says no and she will have to call me back with the new price. Well four hours later and no call, so I'm pissed now. So as this is going on, I'm trying to call the other local Chrysler dealer and those idiots aren't even answering the service number it keeps going to voice mail, tried about ten times. So I hop in the car and go to the first dealer and talk to the service desk and she forgot to call me back and the new price with everything is now close to 1300 dollars. So I was like never mind and was just going to buy the Chrysler parts and leave. The parts were insanely priced so I left without those, they were priced over the retail price, I researched the prices online first while I was waiting for her to call. So I decided to screw it and I ordered a SKF tbk265awp kit from Rock auto which was the last one they had. The kit comes with everything you need and SKF is supposed to make good stuff. So when it comes, my mechanic who has done my work for 20 years gets my money. And my local Chrysler dealers can go to hell, I was interested in the new colt also but now I don't think I will go Chrysler.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 30 Apr 2013, 07:07 pm
Banned

Default Re: Chrysler dealers and car dealers in general...eww

I havent heard of a Chrysler Colt
Old 30 Apr 2013, 07:25 pm
Senior Cruiser

Dam I meant Dart, they haven't brought the colt back yet

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 30 Apr 2013, 08:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

So you are going to get screwed by a different brand? They are mostly all that way. A couple more years of these economics , and maybe they will realize that you need to treat the customer like you want there business.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 30 Apr 2013, 08:36 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
So you are going to get screwed by a different brand? They are mostly all that way. A couple more years of these economics , and maybe they will realize that you need to treat the customer like you want there business.
I don't know whats wrong with these dealers, it's not like I'm picking up a three dollar part, I wanted to spend 1000 plus bucks and I wanted to look at the dart and maybe hand my PT down to my daughter because she needs a decent car and my PT has been well maintained so it would make a good first car for her. I hear you on the different brands, I walked out of two Kia dealers the last time I was looking for a car. I hate playing games and they love to play at these dealers.

Old 30 Apr 2013, 08:46 pm
Banned

Exclamation Re: Chrysler dealers and car dealers in general...eww

Maybe they have a bad manager and are about to quit and don't care about their job or helping customers???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
I don't know whats wrong with these dealers, it's not like I'm picking up a three dollar part, I wanted to spend 1000 plus bucks and I wanted to look at the dart and maybe hand my PT down to my daughter because she needs a decent car and my PT has been well maintained so it would make a good first car for her. I hear you on the different brands, I walked out of two Kia dealers the last time I was looking for a car. I hate playing games and they love to play at these dealers.
Old 01 May 2013, 05:28 pm
Senior Cruiser

How many dealers are near you? I would look around and find one with a good service manager, ask him who best techs are and ask if they can work on your car and introduce yourself.

I have a great dealer around the corner. I buy my parts on line( from OE discount parts another mopar dealer or after market) and I bring the parts in.
They are 89 and hour and I know the two techs who I have work on my cars, mostly suspension. The service manager loves my fleet, and has asked me if I wanted a job? Sorry I couldnt hack it doing that for a living LOL

I had an max care warranty on the 03. It was good to 80K, so I ask my pal there what it would cost to do the belts,wp etc. Oh you have max care, 100$
I ask how does that work, oh your cam seal is leaking and we need to do the belts, WP, tensioner, accesory belt, cam seals and crank seal Ca chinge, 1000$ or more in my pocket saved, paid the 600$ on the warranty LOL

When I did the struts, I took them out, brought the new ones down with the new strut mounts/bearing/ waffle and they swapped em, I installed them, slapped in the shocks, and brought it down and they did the alignment and only charged me the alignment.

Oh once or twice a year I donate a 12 pack of some Sam Adams or Gearys and my two pals are thankful for the tips

The beer and wine method works better than the piss and vinegar.

89 Shadow ES 2.5 T2 +20's A555 sold
86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
90 Daytona ES 2.5 T1 A523
90 Datyona Shelby VNT needs work
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
15 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QD2
Old 01 May 2013, 06:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNT View Post
How many dealers are near you? I would look around and find one with a good service manager, ask him who best techs are and ask if they can work on your car and introduce yourself.

I have a great dealer around the corner. I buy my parts on line( from OE discount parts another mopar dealer or after market) and I bring the parts in.
They are 89 and hour and I know the two techs who I have work on my cars, mostly suspension. The service manager loves my fleet, and has asked me if I wanted a job? Sorry I couldnt hack it doing that for a living LOL

I had an max care warranty on the 03. It was good to 80K, so I ask my pal there what it would cost to do the belts,wp etc. Oh you have max care, 100$
I ask how does that work, oh your cam seal is leaking and we need to do the belts, WP, tensioner, accesory belt, cam seals and crank seal Ca chinge, 1000$ or more in my pocket saved, paid the 600$ on the warranty LOL

When I did the struts, I took them out, brought the new ones down with the new strut mounts/bearing/ waffle and they swapped em, I installed them, slapped in the shocks, and brought it down and they did the alignment and only charged me the alignment.

Oh once or twice a year I donate a 12 pack of some Sam Adams or Gearys and my two pals are thankful for the tips

The beer and wine method works better than the piss and vinegar.
I wish that more people would learn that simple truth. I am fortunate to have a great Chrysler dealership here in Mission and they are well worth the extra money for a job well done.
Old 01 May 2013, 06:24 pm
Senior Cruiser

You have that right.

At this dealer I can walk out in shop and I stop in once in while. They are kind enough to let me drop off pit oil, they burn( take that EPA ) it.

anyhow I have scene a lot of neglected vehichles in their and some real winners for customers. My conclusion is most dont do any maintenance until it breaks other than oil changes and sometime brakes. They do get some folks who like to be proactive but man some of the filthy heaps.

Of course there was a 2012 SRT Challenger in there and my pal was installing a Hop Not kit in it. He goes, I install it and take if for a ride, call the customer tell him it is all set, guy goes does it work?, my freind tells him I dont know I didnt do a hole shot with your car, customer tells him, do some hard burnouts and make sure there is no wheel hop, OK So he got to thrash a 392 in parking lot and down the backroads!

89 Shadow ES 2.5 T2 +20's A555 sold
86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
90 Daytona ES 2.5 T1 A523
90 Datyona Shelby VNT needs work
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
15 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QD2
Old 01 May 2013, 10:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

Believe me I wish I had a great dealer near me. I tried, one didn't answer my email for three days after she told me to email her to set up the appointment and then she forgot to call me back after I called. And the other dealer didn't even pick up the service phone in ten attempts. I was going to call another one a little further away but when I did a search on the net they had a ton of complaints against them. And believe me I know how to treat a good mechanic, I've had the same mechanic for at least 20 years and I treat him well, I always buy him lunch when I bring my car in. He's done PT timing belts before but the dealer does them all the time which is why I wanted to go dealer this time. Even when I was pissed I didn't treat anyone bad I just took my business elsewhere.

Last edited by Dino; 01 May 2013 at 10:51 pm.