Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
07 pt touring edition moding?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 May 2013, 07:32 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 07 pt touring edition moding?

hey guys im sorry for my last post. my father had given me the wrong info on the car. its a 2007 pt touring edition automatic 4drw. and i have been looking online about the touring edition. but heres my question.

is the touring edition good to mod? such as worth it to spend money on making it fast as the GT model?

i want to race on the track but im more interested in just to waste all my time and money on moding it. interior/exterior and of course make it fast as the GT model. i have big plans for my fathers PT. seen i want to stick a v6 in there and drift. it doesnt say touring edition on the back but i have found out that some pt's doesnt say anything on the back such as limited/touring. the engine has black top and doesnt say turbo, but i have also seen a pt with black top but it has a turbo engine.

heres a pic of how his car look. http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars...r_187347401_62

Last edited by murdock55; 10 May 2013 at 07:44 am.
Old 10 May 2013, 07:46 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 07 pt touring edition moding?

TOURING EDITION should have that emblem on the tail gate unless someone took it off. Only the BASE model of the cruiser didn't have anything on the rear door.

As I said in my last response to you, you have the 150 non-turbo model. Unless you have a wad of cash to throw at it, it will never be anywhere near the Turbo GT as far as speed. if you loaded and want to throw in a V6, the sky's the limit, V8 or V10 (it's been done) go for it.

One more thing. Even lowering it to the ground, doesn't "drifting" require a rear wheel drive?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 10 May 2013, 08:17 am
Senior Cruiser

This really has nothing to do with anything and I know its really not any of my business but I have to ask. How old are you?
Old 10 May 2013, 08:48 am
Fresh Cruiser

im 21. i have drifted in an automatic FWD before, but wasnt my car. im just hell confused. other web sites keep saying that the touring has the option to get the same HP as the GT all i have to do it buy the upgrade. sites say that the touring has 180hp. i know you guys are trying to help me but i need someone to spill the beans. site say that the touring can be fast as the GT just need toi buy the upgrade poeple say that the touring will never be as fast. is the touring 150hp or is it the turbo lite 180hp? this will be my last qeustion. lol. not to be an a** i just need someone to break it down.

Last edited by murdock55; 10 May 2013 at 09:01 am.
Old 10 May 2013, 09:03 am
Banned

You need to tell us if you have the turbo lite

PT cruisers are not drifting cars. If you want to drifting car do as Crewzin said and buy a rear wheel drive car, preferably a 240 SX, A miata, aHonda S 2000, a Supra etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdock55 View Post
im 21. i have drifting in an automatic before. but wasnt my car. im just hell confused. other web sites keep saying that the touring has the option to get the same HP as the GT all i have to do it buy the upgrade. sites say that the touring has 180hp. i know you guys are trying to help me but i need someone to spill the beans. site say that the touring can be fast as the GT just need toi buy the upgrade poeple say that the touring will never be as fast. is the touring 150hp or is it the turbo lite 180hp? this will be my last qeustion. lol. not to be an a** i just need someone to break it down.
Old 10 May 2013, 09:07 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Again, do you have the black engine as in the second picture? If YES, you don't have the Turbo or Turbo Lite and there is no upgrade to go from 180 to 220/230hp. Base, Touring, Limited editions have nothing to do with what engine you have, unless they might have put the Lite in a Base, not sure about that.

Just answer that one question, which picture in the first thread you started, best describes what your engine looks like???

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 10 May 2013 at 09:09 am.
Old 10 May 2013, 09:40 am
Fresh Cruiser

black top engine. i never knew that there was a touring base model. i just that there were 4 trims. base the 150hp, limited 180hp, touring 180hp. gt the 200+hp. but now i know. and i have read that the later models (07+) has a liter weight about 400lb less then the early models.
Old 10 May 2013, 09:49 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Again, the different trims (Base, Touring, Limited) have nothing to do with the engine size except the GT which always has the High Output Turbo. Then there's the Dream Cruisers where Chrysler came out each year with a Special Edition. Some had Turbo's, some didn't.

You have the black engine = 150hp, non-turbo.

Not sure of the weight difference in the second generation cruisers (that's 2006-2010). Nobody has ever mentioned that.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 10 May 2013 at 09:51 am.
Old 10 May 2013, 09:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

well what moding can i do with my base pt?
Old 10 May 2013, 09:57 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Not a lot unless you want to spend some serious cash. Better intake, lighter, flow through exhaust. Suspension upgrades: sway bars upper and lower, lowering springs and better shocks and struts. 17-18 inch wheels (you have 15 or 16 inch).

Faster = $$ cam, ported heads, better upper intake, ported throttle body. But that all has to be done with a shop that knows what they're doing to match everything up. Not like just sticking a larger throttle body on - won't do any good.