dont know where to start

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CREWZIN
  • 1 Post By CREWZIN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 May 2013, 04:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default dont know where to start

i don't know what else to do I had a friend who know car work on my car the cruiser was driving then all of a sudden it just die no power tried to crank made that fast click click click sound friend took car had top part of engine redone all new battery new alternator he put some things in backwards but got it right and got it running yeaaaaa right take the rental back after two month got the car home but wait why is that battery light still on i thought it was suppose to be cutting off charging system man I don't know if he has all the wires in the correct places because it don't show on the book an he forgot where it went i need help so bad its not funny you can call me 2292962782 im desperate wife gotta get to work I gotta get to school kid there appts so much done went in to the engine an rentals that this all I can do now can anyone help???? if you traveler east can you shine some light on this.
Old 11 May 2013, 05:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: dont know where to start

Ran out of breath trying to read all that. No information about what kind of car or what year it is and it sounds like you had an idiot trying to fix it. There's no way anyone here can tell you where to start because we can't tel what was done or what condition it's in but from what your trying to tell us, it's in bad shape. Your area code comes out to somewhere in Georgia and not the middle of nowhere so there's bound to be a Chrysler dealer or competent mechanic somewhere around you that can start from scratch and put your PT (if that's what it is) back together. It's going to need hands-on technical expertise to see what was done, undo what's wrong and put it all back together.

Good luck.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 May 2013, 05:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

2006 pt cruiser i stay in Hawaii so all prices are extra high the work that was done..... the engine has two parts that separate the top half is new ,new pistons seals etc. new battery alt. i just need a picture to see if he has all the grounds in the right place because the system is not charging
Old 11 May 2013, 05:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

One picture won't show you all the grounds but here's the charging system on the 2001-2005. Might not (probably not) the same as the 2006+ becuase that's a whoe new electrical CAN-BUS system your dealing with.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 11 May 2013 at 05:40 pm.
Old 11 May 2013, 05:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by will62380 View Post
i don't know what else to do I had a friend who know car work on my car the cruiser was driving then all of a sudden it just die no power tried to crank made that fast click click click sound friend took car had top part of engine redone all new battery new alternator he put some things in backwards but got it right and got it running yeaaaaa right take the rental back after two month got the car home but wait why is that battery light still on i thought it was suppose to be cutting off charging system man I don't know if he has all the wires in the correct places because it don't show on the book an he forgot where it went i need help so bad its not funny you can call me 2292962782 im desperate wife gotta get to work I gotta get to school kid there appts so much done went in to the engine an rentals that this all I can do now can anyone help???? if you traveler east can you shine some light on this.

@will62380 - You not American? English not your 'home' language? Lord have mercy, trying to read your posts gives me a headache. Do you not know how to spell, punctuation and grammar? Not meaning to offend, but dude, are you like, maybe 12 years old???

Also Will, there is a library posting in the Tech forums thread - go check out all of the documentation there, it is quite helpful. Along with this, if I had better understanding of the model PT (base model, GT, Touring, etc) then I could possibly direct you to the wiring diagrams that you are asking about. I try to be helpful and I have every OEM document related to PT Cruisers, however I can't get through your messages without nearly having a stroke.....LMBO....

Last edited by Chromenut; 11 May 2013 at 05:51 pm.
Old 11 May 2013, 09:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

oh im sorry i did not get the memo that there was a grade on grammar in here thought it was to help people with cars an you could do us put down first man i thank God I am not like you.... i see motorcycle forums are much user friendly thats why I ride them AND NICER PEOPLE. an God bless you and truly thank you for your help "CREWZIN"
Old 11 May 2013, 09:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Will, there's no grade on grammar, spelling and punctuation but it sure makes it easier for people to understand what your trying to say if you practice it. All that first post of yours, trying to decipher and comprehend what was wrong with your car and all you really wanted was a wiring diagram. People judge you by the way you communicate with them and having to analyze and question what is being said doesn't help with that impression.
Cliff5550 likes this.

Old 13 May 2013, 02:22 am
Senior Cruiser

Crewzin; Very diplomatic!

However, learning English takes practice and effort. With the sources available today [radio, tv, libraries, etc.] there is no reason why people can't improve to the point of being understood by others. Practicing English in public while talking to friends is a great way to learn. Some people make the effort. Some people feel entitled, then blame others.
Old 13 May 2013, 11:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
oh im sorry i did not get the memo that there was a grade on grammar in here thought it was to help people with cars an you could do us put down first man i thank God I am not like you.... i see motorcycle forums are much user friendly thats why I ride them AND NICER PEOPLE. an God bless you and truly thank you for your help "CREWZIN"
Just bustin your chops. Still would be glad to help you with your problems, like Crewzin said the posting was confusing to me and I would be glad to get you whatever wiring diagrams you need. Like I said, I have a lot of documentation so be glad to help out, if I can...
Old 14 May 2013, 11:49 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
2006 pt cruiser i stay in Hawaii so all prices are extra high the work that was done..... the engine has two parts that separate the top half is new ,new pistons seals etc. new battery alt. i just need a picture to see if he has all the grounds in the right place because the system is not charging
I feel your pain. If your friend was working from a Chilton manual, there was probably no wiring diagram or a wrong one. Those are HORRIBLE manuals and in my opinion a waste of money. A Haynes manual will be much better. Best of all is the Chrysler factory technical service manual. I think that you can download one at this site.

Be sure to check the battery cables and their connections at both ends. Also check the positive wire that goes into the fuse and relay box under the hood. The wires themselves can corrode up inside the insulation but still look OK. On the 2006 and newer PTs, corrosion problems can cause bizarre electrical gremlins. Cars exposed to salt air get a lot of corrosion problems.

Don't give up on the list. People here are a mixed bunch, and we all have a mixed sense of humor. We'll try to help. Once we figure out what's goin' on.