Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
pizzed!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 May 2013, 07:59 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default pizzed!!!!!

Is there anyway to TOTALLY disable the stupid anti theft on an 01 cruiser? about 5 times a week this stupid thing wont start, nothing, turn the key no click. The little red light on the dash comes on . and when it does start it will run for anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes then shuts off. Ive spent over $1000 dollar having this thing towed out of the middle of the road, just in the last week, cant sell it cause it wont run, Please Help!!!!
Old 26 May 2013, 08:33 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: pizzed!!!!!

sitting out in the darn thing and noticed the theft light is staying on,while sitting there thinking, a noise came from in the back and underneath( or it sounded like from there), that sounded like a servo motor. turned the key and it started.

noticed the theft light was still on and then it died, again, turned key off and back on started up and light went off, has been running for about 20 minutes. This thing is really pissing me off!!!!!
Old 26 May 2013, 08:56 am
Veteran Cruiser

i beliieve a read about someone unhooking the skim module and the car starting and running fine, as long as you do it before it stores the theft marker in the ECU. might be worth a shot.

my car had that bypassed either by the method above, or by an ECU swap.

if you do get it bypassed, come back and let us know what worked for you
Old 26 May 2013, 09:03 am
Obsessed Cruiser

From Heifety17:

The SKIM is not part of the PCM. It's a separate module that attaches directly to the upper steering column. No#3 in the picture below.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 26 May 2013, 09:22 am
Senior Cruiser

Who serviced it and charged you a thousand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdakk View Post
Is there anyway to TOTALLY disable the stupid anti theft on an 01 cruiser? about 5 times a week this stupid thing wont start, nothing, turn the key no click. The little red light on the dash comes on . and when it does start it will run for anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes then shuts off. Ive spent over $1000 dollar having this thing towed out of the middle of the road, just in the last week, cant sell it cause it wont run, Please Help!!!!

89 Shadow ES 2.5 T2 +20's A555 sold
86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
90 Daytona ES 2.5 T1 A523
90 Datyona Shelby VNT needs work
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
15 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QD2
Old 26 May 2013, 09:52 am
Fresh Cruiser

Nobody serviced it that was 5 trips with a wrecker to the house, furthest trip was 60 miles one way!!!!

Crewzin how do I get to the skim? is it accessable under the dash, or do I need to take everything apart? what do I unhook, or just take it out? Thanks
Old 26 May 2013, 10:21 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Sorry, I only supply the information/pictures of what I find in a search (unless I've had personal experience), so I can't answer your question. First thing to do is get upside down and look under the dash to see if it's accessible. Take head of Rob342's advice before unhooking anything.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 26 May 2013, 10:53 am
Fresh Cruiser

Found it, unplugged it, car started and 3 sec shut off like it would with a Non sentry spare key.
Old 26 May 2013, 11:01 am
Obsessed Cruiser

So much for that theory. Maybe this wil work for you. The Owners Manual says that "The system will not arm if you lock the doors using the manual door lock plunger".

Old 26 May 2013, 12:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Either the key or the other part is not working. Replacing them sounds cheaper than the tow services in your area.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com