Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
power windows not working

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 May 2013, 06:45 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default power windows not working

checked the fuse inside it said it was a circuit breaker didnt look bad empty hole next to that one on the rt it was in the shop for timing belt replacement wonder if someone stole the fuse out of it i cant seem to locate the actual fuse or the number for the fuse for the power windows any help?
Old 30 May 2013, 07:26 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: power windows not working

The slot to the right of the 20A for the Power Windows is a 25A for the headlamp Switch. You SHOULD have that circuit breaker. Are the headlights working?

According to the 2002 schematic, the 20A is the only power the windows go through. No fuse. Could be a problem with the front power window switch. Take the negative battery cable off for about 5 minutes to see if that helps. Resets the computer.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 30 May 2013, 01:12 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Info for 2001-2005
Fuse #3, 40 amp in the under-hood PDC, protects the power-window circuit breaker in the dash fuse panel. If it is blown, the cabin blower also won't blow.

The empty space to its right is unused, as I read the electrical schematics. I used it for an always-hot power window mod - reversible by moving the circuit breaker from right side (mod) back to the left (oem).
Power Window Modification

CREWZIN, are you looking at the relays to the bottom of the fuse panel?
One is the headlight relay and the other (if installed) for the heated seats.

Now for what did I use my empty heated seat relay spot? Oh yah! The new wiring for my constant on driving lights (old oem fog lights).
Another fog light switch malfunction repair possibility
Old 30 May 2013, 01:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanatanadharma View Post
CREWZIN, are you looking at the relays to the bottom of the fuse panel?
One is the headlight relay and the other (if installed) for the heated seats.
Nope, the top. For the 2001, it's just like I said, power window circuit breaker on left, and 25A Headlamp switch on the right. Haynes says there was a change for 2002 and they have a different schematic in their book. Maybe Chrylser chnaged in the interior fuse panel too.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 30 May 2013, 04:43 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Interesting. I'm curious CREWZIN, do you have a 2001 specific electrical schematic or shop manual?
By 2004 the "25A Headlamp switch on the right" location became "spare"; only vacant cavities.

I know that the lower plastic case of the PDC changed after 2001.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Nope, the top. For the 2001, it's just like I said, power window circuit breaker on left, and 25A Headlamp switch on the right. Haynes says there was a change for 2002 and they have a different schematic in their book. Maybe Chrylser chnaged in the interior fuse panel too.
Old 30 May 2013, 05:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Sorry to take so long. Went out to eat with the wife before taking off for a week starting tomorrow on the Hot Rod Power Tour.

Yes, the Haynes manual has all the wiring diagrams in the back of the book. The Power window section has two pages for only the 2001 and then 5 pages for the 2002 and later models. Ididn't go through it all to see what all the differences were.